Top Solution Authors
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Wing Automixer Master On/Off?

Found the Automixer assignment and enable option on the channel post/fader insert.  Not sure if there's a handy master switch for the XY mixers like on the X32?  Doing a production where the Automixer is handy but it's nice not having to double channels on a vocal/speaking mic so the singing isn't automixed. 

GeorgeDougherty Contributor - Level 2 2020-02-28

2020-02-28

Wing Automixer Master On/Off?

Found the Automixer assignment and enable option on the channel post/fader insert.  Not sure if there's a handy master switch for the XY mixers like on the X32?  Doing a production where the Automixer is handy but it's nice not having to double channels on a vocal/speaking mic so the singing isn't automixed. 

• 0 Kudos
  • 8 Replies
Highlighted
Rock Star - Level 2

Re: Wing Automixer Master On/Off?

@GeorgeDougherty 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SNuOdb62xY

Thanks for the Accepted Solutions and Kudos! Always appreciated IF duly earned.
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Guess not. Will have to figure something else out. 

Volunteer Moderator

Hi George @GeorgeDougherty 

The video that Gary @GaryHiggins provided the link makes it clear that this automix feature is very much in its infancy (as compared to the equivalent in the X32 or X-Air). It may be some time before this will be developed to the point that is useful to your application. But there may be a workaround in the form of a pair of partial snapshots. 

Another feature that has not yet been developed is that of snippets (as in X32). But I have discovered that a partial snapshots, with limited/specific settings, can be loaded into the Wing and only those specific settings would change. Recently I released an app called XM32 To Wing Converter that converts X32/M32 scenes (OSC protocol) to Wing snapshots (JSON protocol). 

What I can do is create a similar app to create a partial snapshot that would control the automix ON/OFF. The problem with this workaround is that it will only work by loading these partial snapshots (one for ON, one for OFF) from a USB stick. Saving them internally will combine all current settings of the console. If this solution would work for you, I can make up an app to create these snapshots (or what I'd like to call snipshots).

Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator. Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!
Highlighted
Volunteer Moderator

Hey George @GeorgeDougherty and Gary @GaryHiggins 

I went ahead and made the partial snapshots to turn on and off ch 1-16 post inserts (attached).

Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator. Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Thanks Paul!   For this particular production I was thinking to dedicate particular channels as dialog channels to simplify setup There's a new production every 3 weeks with different performers and setup but similar format. 

Highlighted
Volunteer Moderator

@GeorgeDougherty wrote:

For this particular production I was thinking to dedicate particular channels as dialog channels to simplify setup There's a new production every 3 weeks with different performers and setup but similar format. 

So would you be interested in a simple app that would allow you to choose the channels (max 16), then the app would create two snapshots (one for ON, one for OFF) that could be loaded from a USB stick? If so, I would be willing to create such an app (free and open-source of course). What OS are you using (Windows, Mac, linux)? If not, there is no point in taking the time to create it.

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Others may find it useful.  For my scenario I typically only have 5 or so dialog channels and I'm planning on dedicating 6 like I did when I was on a CL5 so my layout doesn't change drastically from session to session. The json file provided is easy enough to edit in notepad once I have the default layout completed.

Now to play with my recordings from last time to figure out how the auto rider plugin functions.

Highlighted
Volunteer Moderator

Hey George @GeorgeDougherty, I went ahead and created the app and it is working as expected. It allows you to choose the channels, then creates a pair of partial snapshots (one for ON, one for OFF). Just needs a bit of spit-polishing and a written user manual. I'll try and have it ready for release to Sourceforge (with my other apps) this weekend or early next week.

If you are modifying the JSON files with a notepad, I made a much better app that can read and write either text based or JSON (snapshot) files and the interface uses a treeview component that keeps track of the curly bracket pairs, checks basic syntax and makes it easier to expand/collapse as well as cut/copy/paste/delete each section. It is nothing fancy, but something I use all of the time to verify the snapshot files generated by my apps before trying to load them in the Wing. It is a precursor to a snapshot parsing app I want to develop eventually (similar to X32 Scene Parser). If that is any value to you let me know what OS and I can provide a link.