Highlighted
Triber

X32 Firmware 4.0

Dear X32 fellows,
We have just released v4.0, a major update to the X32 series firmware and the EDIT desktop apps.

All updates are online now, webpages are being updated currently, and it may take a little while until it is properly reflected on web server caches.For those who can't wait to check it out here are the download links, and a link to Goetz' fantastic 3:42 minutes of info on youtube

If you prefer the old layout, you may of course keep using fw 3.12 with EDIT apps 3.2. But you will miss the many really cool features like point-to-point routing and remote configuration of Midas' recent DP48 monitoring system etc. etc.

See the download links below and have fun as much as we had over the past months creating the new UI. Big kudos to Adam, Andreina, Brunella, Martin, Michael and Thomas for making this possible, and of course to the beta-team for much valued comments!!!

Best regards,
Jan

_____________________________________________ Jan Duwe, Product Portfolio Manager MUSIC TRIBE Brands DE GmbH
JanDuwe Triber 2019-11-13

2019-11-13

X32 Firmware 4.0

Dear X32 fellows,
We have just released v4.0, a major update to the X32 series firmware and the EDIT desktop apps.

All updates are online now, webpages are being updated currently, and it may take a little while until it is properly reflected on web server caches.For those who can't wait to check it out here are the download links, and a link to Goetz' fantastic 3:42 minutes of info on youtube

If you prefer the old layout, you may of course keep using fw 3.12 with EDIT apps 3.2. But you will miss the many really cool features like point-to-point routing and remote configuration of Midas' recent DP48 monitoring system etc. etc.

See the download links below and have fun as much as we had over the past months creating the new UI. Big kudos to Adam, Andreina, Brunella, Martin, Michael and Thomas for making this possible, and of course to the beta-team for much valued comments!!!

Best regards,
Jan

• 6 Kudos
  • 43 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Re: X32 Firmware 4.0

We just uploaded it to a few displays in our retail store. Looks really good! I can't wait to play around with the new patch routing. 

Stagesound.com

JUST BECAUSE YOU’RE NOT A DRUMMER, DOESN’T MEAN YOU DON’T HAVE TO KEEP TIME.
Highlighted
Superhero - Level 2

Updated my M32 and Core so far...very happy about Core/M32C being able to export shows!....long time coming. I don't see a specific area for the DP48 setup, in edit anyway, did I miss it? Love the user in/out routing sections, extremely powerful. Only can guess at the possibilities. Great work all! 

Thanks for the Accepted Solutions and Kudos! Always appreciated IF duly earned.
Highlighted
Volunteer Moderator

@GaryHiggins wrote:

I don't see a specific area for the DP48 setup, in edit anyway, did I miss it?  

No you didn't miss it. The editor doesn't have it yet. But the firmware does, meaning you can access it from one of the other (non-core) X32/M32 models interface. I have Scene Parser almost ready for release and hoping to provide a DP48 tool in Live Toolbox in the near future (yes you can access it via OSC). 

Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator. Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!
Highlighted
Super Contributor - Level 2

I'm not sure about the ch>bus pan follows ch>LR pan.  Awkward for me in that often FOH LR is reversed from stage LR (unless I deliberately reverse the bus>output patches.)

Highlighted
Valued Contributor - Level 2

I get 404 when trying to download some of the files (X-Edit Linux 32-bit, and RPI)

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 3

Great update with the long wish from many users for custom I/O routing. No longer blocks of 8 patching. Still work to do for that other long lasting user wish for (a) custom layer(s). yes the software M/X-edit and MixingStation can do that but there are lots of users who prefer to mix on a console with real faders.

But for it's price it still is a killer desk that will be better and better with just firmware updates.

Varomedia theater audio solutions
Highlighted
Super Contributor - Level 2

Hi Jan,

can we hope for some "firmware love" for the X Air/ M Air mixers, too, now that the X32 v4 has been done? You once mentioned that internally some of the most wanted features have already been implemented and you just didn't have the resources to update the apps as well. That would be highly appreciated  

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 3

Hi Jan, I have done both V. 4.0 updates yesterday, X32 Rack Firmware and Edit 4.0 (PC) around 9 p.m.. All updated hard- and software is running great together with a sd8 digisnake. The RTA with coloured bars looks great and shows clipping areas very good! As long as I tested yesterday, all functions were OK!

Best regards

Klaus

Highlighted
Volunteer Moderator

@PerHeldal wrote:

I get 404 when trying to download some of the files (X-Edit Linux 32-bit, and RPI)

Hey Per, I successfully downloaded the RPi and Linux 64bit Edit (there is no 32bit version of 4.0) here.

Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator. Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!