Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

X32 and PC clock issue

Running windows 10 (64 bit) with an X32 as my interface.  Cakewalk is my DAW.  As long as the X32 is set to 48kz, all is right with the world.  However, if I change it to 44.1, audio from the internet or from wav files will no longer play.  Its as if Windows isn't following the change in sample rate.  I have a few Cakewalk projects in 44.1.  They actually play fine in Cakewalk when the X32 is set to 44.1 (they won't play if its 48khz).  But here's the issue. For any 44.1 project, when I render down, the audio always has a few clicks and pops in it.  These two issues are what makes me think I have a clock issue going on.  Here's what I have tried to solve it:

1) using latest X32 audio driver (6.13 X-UF which is the right for my system)

2) Updated the firmware on the X-UF.  X32 is running the latest firmware too

3) Updated drivers for my video card and network card

4) All windows 10 updates are installed.

Any assistance or thoughts?

Steve

SteveKatsikas Contributor - Level 2 2019-06-02

2019-06-02

X32 and PC clock issue

Running windows 10 (64 bit) with an X32 as my interface.  Cakewalk is my DAW.  As long as the X32 is set to 48kz, all is right with the world.  However, if I change it to 44.1, audio from the internet or from wav files will no longer play.  Its as if Windows isn't following the change in sample rate.  I have a few Cakewalk projects in 44.1.  They actually play fine in Cakewalk when the X32 is set to 44.1 (they won't play if its 48khz).  But here's the issue. For any 44.1 project, when I render down, the audio always has a few clicks and pops in it.  These two issues are what makes me think I have a clock issue going on.  Here's what I have tried to solve it:

1) using latest X32 audio driver (6.13 X-UF which is the right for my system)

2) Updated the firmware on the X-UF.  X32 is running the latest firmware too

3) Updated drivers for my video card and network card

4) All windows 10 updates are installed.

Any assistance or thoughts?

Steve

• 0 Kudos
  • 0 Replies