Top Solution Authors
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

X32 rack wouldn't connect to Reaper

Over the weekend I had an opportunity to fill in with a band using the X32rack. I've used the X32 console and the Xair18 many times with my band so I feel comfortable with the mixers. I've recorded our live performances many times with great results.We decided to connect my laptop during break and record the rest of the show. I've done this many times but this was the first  time for me using the X32R version. When I brought up the audio setup in Reaper I selected the driver I had used recently with an X32 but was unable to select first and last track. Pressed for time we were not able to troubleshoot this issue much. The owner of the rack had never used it for recording USB so we were not able to get very involved in the USB setup. He said it had the latest firmware update. We thought we selected 32in/32out but Reaper would never give me the ability to select first and last track, etc. If I would have had more time I would have re-installed the driver but didn't have that option because of time. We could not cycle power on the rack as it was in use. I also tried multiple USB ports on my laptop. I'm sure it was something simple we were not doing but hope to make it work next time we use the X32R. Any help appreciated.

AlIrwin Contributor - Level 2 2019-07-15

2019-07-15

X32 rack wouldn't connect to Reaper

Over the weekend I had an opportunity to fill in with a band using the X32rack. I've used the X32 console and the Xair18 many times with my band so I feel comfortable with the mixers. I've recorded our live performances many times with great results.We decided to connect my laptop during break and record the rest of the show. I've done this many times but this was the first  time for me using the X32R version. When I brought up the audio setup in Reaper I selected the driver I had used recently with an X32 but was unable to select first and last track. Pressed for time we were not able to troubleshoot this issue much. The owner of the rack had never used it for recording USB so we were not able to get very involved in the USB setup. He said it had the latest firmware update. We thought we selected 32in/32out but Reaper would never give me the ability to select first and last track, etc. If I would have had more time I would have re-installed the driver but didn't have that option because of time. We could not cycle power on the rack as it was in use. I also tried multiple USB ports on my laptop. I'm sure it was something simple we were not doing but hope to make it work next time we use the X32R. Any help appreciated.

• 0 Kudos
  • 2 Replies
Highlighted
Superhero - Level 3

Re: X32 rack wouldn't connect to Reaper

@AlIrwin 

There is no difference between the X32 Rack and the full X32 as far as USB recording is concerned - assuming they both have the same USB interface. If the X32 Rack was fitted with the X-LIVE option card, it uses a different driver to that for the older X-USB card.

Contributor - Level 2

Re: X32 rack wouldn't connect to Reaper

Thank you. The card could be the issue. I will research that. Thanks again