Top Solution Authors
Contributor - Level 2

XR18 LAN Port Issues

So when we powered on our sound system today our XR18 (Air) didn't appear on the network. We've only had it for a few months. I have tried all of the troubleshooting steps I could find online to no avail. What I did notice is that the indicator lights on the mixer where the Cat5 plugs in are not lit. Anyone have a similar experience?

bridgechurch Contributor - Level 2 2019-08-13

2019-08-13

XR18 LAN Port Issues

So when we powered on our sound system today our XR18 (Air) didn't appear on the network. We've only had it for a few months. I have tried all of the troubleshooting steps I could find online to no avail. What I did notice is that the indicator lights on the mixer where the Cat5 plugs in are not lit. Anyone have a similar experience?

• 0 Kudos
  • 6 Replies
Contributor - Level 3

Re: XR18 LAN Port Issues

Have you tried a different cable?

Valued Contributor - Level 1

Hi Adrian ( @bridgechurch ), 

Welcome to the community.  Double check the position of the switch just to the right of the Ethernet port.  Push it all the way to the right (AP) and then all the way back to the left (Ethernet).  I've had a few times where that switch gets bumped in transport. 

Hope this helps, 

Ken

If you want "Loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw. --Ivan Beaver
Contributor - Level 2

Yes, I also tested the cables and they are working fine.

Contributor - Level 2

Tried that too, no dice. 

Valued Contributor - Level 1

Unfortuntely, this is sounding like it's time to open a service ticket with Behringer.  

You'll need to open a ticket here: https://music.secure.force.com/SupportForm?brand=behringer&rt=sr

You should receive an automated reply with a case #.  If you don't, double check your spam folder. Also, the reply will state that you should hear from them in one business day but that seems to be significantly longer these days. 

Hope this helps, 

Ken

If you want "Loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw. --Ivan Beaver
Contributor - Level 2

Yeah, that was my first stop... been over a week and haven't heard back from them on my ticket. At this point, I'm looking for an alternative mixing solution for our venue. After reading some of the forums online, it seems that this mixer is plagued with network issues and poor support. Read a post on another site that it took over a month to hear back from support on a similar issue. Too bad really... for the first bit of time it was working it worked great.