Contributor - Level 1

XR18 Snapshot Order

On the XR18, is there any way to change the order of snapshots once they are save on the mixer?

Lawrence Alexander Silverman
lsilverman11 Contributor - Level 1 2019-08-11

2019-08-11

XR18 Snapshot Order

On the XR18, is there any way to change the order of snapshots once they are save on the mixer?

• 0 Kudos
  • 2 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Re: XR18 Snapshot Order

Hi @lsilverman11,

as snapshots are internally stored, as far as I recall, there is no way to access them to sort them.

so the way around is manual sorting.

1. You could save all snapshots as scenes. Than load those scenes and overwrite the snapshots in the order you want them to be.

2. You could recall snapshot 1, save it as the last one, recall the snapshot you want on 2 and store it as 2. Now recall the last snapshot and save it at the now unused spot. Repeat until you have the sequence you want.

With some thinking about it, I think this should be possible with some scripting and the command line tools that @KenMitchell or @Paul_Vannatto have provided. I am sure they can give you some additional advice.

Best regards

Ulf

Behringer XR18, X Air iPad Air2, X-Air-Edit PC Windows 7, X Air Android
Volunteer Moderator

Re: XR18 Snapshot Order

Hi Lawrence @lsilverman11,

I agree with Ulf @UlfBoettcher that his recommended approaches would be how I would do it. And yes you can automate it using an X-Air Live Toolbox tidbit. Saving your snapshots to scenes is always a good idea (for backup).

Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator. Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!