Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

XR18 with four stereo aux plus main

I believe this was discussed before but I can't find any help.
I'm trying (if possible) to ha 4 stereo aux out of an XR18, plus main out.
The concept is as simple as it doesn't work:
XR18 have 6 aux out e one headphone out.
aux outs can be assigned to deliver either a bus or a different signal (channels, effects, ecc).
Headphone out che be assigned to deliver a bus.
So my assmption is that I can route a stereo bus to the headphone aout (and it works), in order to use two xlr aux outs to route a FX (and it doesn't work).
I don't understand. From routing seems ok, I select FX pre fader to be sure. I see FX out with lots of signal, but nothing is coming out from the xlr.
Does anyone have a suggestion?

Thank you

"Music is the closest thing to magic that we have"
nonsonstatoio Contributor - Level 2 2019-10-21

2019-10-21

XR18 with four stereo aux plus main

I believe this was discussed before but I can't find any help.
I'm trying (if possible) to ha 4 stereo aux out of an XR18, plus main out.
The concept is as simple as it doesn't work:
XR18 have 6 aux out e one headphone out.
aux outs can be assigned to deliver either a bus or a different signal (channels, effects, ecc).
Headphone out che be assigned to deliver a bus.
So my assmption is that I can route a stereo bus to the headphone aout (and it works), in order to use two xlr aux outs to route a FX (and it doesn't work).
I don't understand. From routing seems ok, I select FX pre fader to be sure. I see FX out with lots of signal, but nothing is coming out from the xlr.
Does anyone have a suggestion?

Thank you

• 0 Kudos
  • 2 Replies
Contributor - Level 3

Re: XR18 with four stereo aux plus main

Hi Mate,

Seems to be ok for me. Granted, I joined the forum recently to use it as a way to solve/create problems for the XR18 I purchased in July - just to get inside it.

Perhaps following my path will help?

• Headphones can be adjusted in Setup/Monitor/MonitorSource. I set mine to receive BUS 1/2
  • In the In/Out menu, 'Aux Out' - I've routed FX1L & FX1R to Aux 1 & Aux 2 respectively
    • I've left the other Bus's 3-6 routed as normal to Aux 3-6, & Main LR is untouched.

I haven't touched any of the pre/post fades etc... Left everything as default; tapping in at Post EQ. (Not that it makes any difference.)

No probs hearing a track through the Phones (which is Bus 1 & 2), Aux1&2 (which is FX1) and Aux 3-6 & Main LR. Wasn't able to actually Insert any Effects through Aux1&2 at the same time though.

A good fix for any goblins is to Initialize the desk: Setup/Connection/Init.MixerSettings "Initialize"

Let the community now of any more queries...

Cheers, Luke

Contributor - Level 2

Re: XR18 with four stereo aux plus main

Ok thanks, I will initialize the mixer and try again.
Thank you.

"Music is the closest thing to magic that we have"