Contributor - Level 2

iPod input to M32C - any way other than via 2 channels on S32 stagebox?

Is there a way to implement "walk in" music (from an iPOD typically)  when using the M32C other than using up 2 channels on the stagebox?  Can the USB interface be used? Occasionally I have shows where I use all 32 channels so walk in music becomes a issue if I am not using one of the console mixers.

Thanks for the help!

DaveBatistig Contributor - Level 2 2020-01-14

2020-01-14

iPod input to M32C - any way other than via 2 channels on S32 stagebox?

Is there a way to implement "walk in" music (from an iPOD typically)  when using the M32C other than using up 2 channels on the stagebox?  Can the USB interface be used? Occasionally I have shows where I use all 32 channels so walk in music becomes a issue if I am not using one of the console mixers.

Thanks for the help!

• 0 Kudos
  • 3 Replies
Rising Star - Level 2

Re: iPod input to M32C - any way other than via 2 channels on S32 stagebox?

@DaveBatistig Have you considered the usb player on board...using a usb stick? It needs to be wav files on it but should work well. 

Contributor - Level 2

thought about that but then have to convert all the MP3 files on the ipod to WAV files...not sure how that will work. 

Highlighted
Rock Star - Level 1

Hi Dave, 

That's a great question.  I've never done it with an iPod, but I was able to connect my iPhone X to an X32 Rack using the Camera Connection Kit and get it to play two-channel audio.  The only problem I ran into was that it would only play out USB1/2 so you'd have to play around with your card routing.  Also, I'm not sure if the CCK works with an iPod or even if iPods use a lightning cable or not. 

Here's a link to the CCK I used: https://www.apple.com/shop/product/MK0W2AM/A/lightning-to-usb-3-camera-adapter

Hope this helps (at least a little), 

Ken

If you want "Loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw. --Ivan Beaver