Top Solution Authors
Contributor - Level 1

qlab connect to M-air-edit to playback music on macbook pro

My set up is: on stage several instruments, MR18 to plug in everything on stage, long cat5e cable to go to Macbook pro to control MR18 with M-air-edit. 

I'm using qlab4 to play sound files (and also play video and send osc commands). Is there a posibility to make a virtual link between qlab outputs (stereo) and two inputs of the MR18? Or do i have to bring two long cables to connect the outputs of my macbook to the XLR inputs of my MR18?

Thanks Edwin

Edwinvansteenbe Contributor - Level 1 2019-07-21

2019-07-21

qlab connect to M-air-edit to playback music on macbook pro

My set up is: on stage several instruments, MR18 to plug in everything on stage, long cat5e cable to go to Macbook pro to control MR18 with M-air-edit. 

I'm using qlab4 to play sound files (and also play video and send osc commands). Is there a posibility to make a virtual link between qlab outputs (stereo) and two inputs of the MR18? Or do i have to bring two long cables to connect the outputs of my macbook to the XLR inputs of my MR18?

Thanks Edwin

Highlighted
Rising Star - Level 2

Re: qlab connect to M-air-edit to playback music on macbook pro

Hi @Edwinvansteenbe 

There is no cheap, easy way to get low-latency audio down the Ethernet cable. A remote computer on the stage end, or your main computer on stage controlled by an iPad is possible. I would think your idea is the easiest, simple solution.