RobJohnson Contributor - Level 2 2015-12-29

2015-12-29

1 year and only 1 small Android update.

Any news on a new Android version ?

Android users have been quietly and patiently waiting... any ounce of info would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

• 0 Kudos
  • 16 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Re: 1 year and only 1 small Android update.

the biggest issue is that at least the X32 can be controlled by something other than the apps that we depend on to control our XR18s, etc... They can't be controlled any other way, and I put a ton of research into my choice when I went with the XR18 and it having an android version at what it was advertisted as was one of the main selling points for me... and I paid for mine in October of last year... still waiting.

I'm a computer nerd and this is the first time is many many years that I can remember that I have been kept COMPLETELY in the dark from the developer as far as communication with the software that I am using. We are told that we will be notified as soon as they know something and then the next time we hear anything is when the app is ready for download... that is being kept in the dark 100%.

If a brand new android app is released tomorrow with every feature that I have been waiting for, I am going to feel like a guilty chump for bitching today?? Absolutely not. Because there has been absolutely zero communication from Behringer to me the consumer about what is going on.

and being released as open source to 3rd party is fine but that has no obligatory binding for me the consumer... as far as I'm concerned Behringer is obligated to provide me with what I paid for and what they advertised that I would get.

I've picked up on the reluctance to communicate any details with us since early on and it has had me worried for a while now.. as has the ramp down in even any communication from Behringer on this forum in the last several months.
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

I would not expect any response from Behringer before 10.1.2016, when the middle European extended XMAS season ends Smiley Sad

Still I do wait for basic features in the mobile apps as well. When updates were announced months ago and finally X-AIR-Edit 1.3 arrived, I was really expecting to see upgrades to the mobile apps as well. The only improvment I have seen for the IOS was, that the last minor upgrade made the app so slow that it cannot follow snapshot changes made from X-AIR-Edit anymore.

While the PC/MAC/Linux versions are quite useable the mobile apps still have such a disjunct set of missing features, that it is dangerous to use them together.

And when will XTouch fulfill the promise to be usable with the X-AIR mixers?

Cheers and all the best for 2016
Toni
Highlighted
Volunteer Moderator

Toni Schula;65966 wrote:
I would not expect any response from Behringer before 10.1.2016, when the middle European extended XMAS season ends Smiley Sad
And when will XTouch fulfill the promise to be usable with the X-AIR mixers?

We 'throw out' christmas at "tjugondan knut" .

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Knut%27s_Day

The unofficial word is that Xtouch/xair support is estimated for a Q1-2016 release if everything goes as planned.
Robert Lofgren | Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos and/or mark it as a solution!
Highlighted
Super Contributor - Level 2

Toni Schula;65966 wrote:

Actually, I'm not really interested in a *response* from Behringer on this matter. What would it be worth after all? We might get to know about an estimated schedule. But that might break. We'd probably hear them asking for patience. But patience they got plenty from me (us?) and they weren't patient in taking my (our?) money either.

So, the only thing that counts is a release. Hopefully a satisfactory one that at least holds up to what the Android and iOS apps are advertised to be.
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Toni Schula;65966 wrote:

While the PC/MAC/Linux versions are quite useable the mobile apps still have such a disjunct set of missing features, that it is dangerous to use them together.

Toni

Very succinctly put. This very much sums it up for me. We're not asking for much, I can live with the apps being different although it s not ideal. The issue of missing features is not acceptable.
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

And let's not forget about the continued to be advertised, but still absent, Mackie Control.

Between that, the IOS apps shortcomings, the marginal internal AP, the lack of a significant and comprehensive manual, whether physical or electronic, and the general lack of respect for their customers, this X-air purchase has been a significant disappointment. I wouldn't purchase another Behringer product at this point.

But hey...let's keep in touch, eh?
Triber Moderator

Closing this thread

This topic has gone wildly off topic so I will address the OP's question and then be closing this thread.

Rob,

Features like DCAs/Mute Groups and others for the Android/iOS X AIR Apps have been discussed at great length here in the forums. We've already addressed this and mentioned that this will be remedied in coming releases.

I myself only get periodic updates on progress with apps, which I always try to bring to the table here for our users. I've been doing my best all year to keep you informed when I can. If you have a question that you feel isn't being answered then we invite you to reach out to myself or any other Admin here in the forum for clarification. We make it a priority to update our customers the best we can.Even though employee vacation time tends to get used around the holidays you can rest assured that we do hear you and will respond when we have release updates and technical help to provide for you.

It's also worth repeating here that we don't talk about specifics for upcoming releases before they are published. Doing so has been problematic in the past and we've decided not to continue participating in that practice.

Now the latest version of Android X AIR was slated for a Q4 release this year, but beta testing revealed some issues that needed to be addressed before an official launch could be confirmed. Once those issues are resolved and the next X AIR Android App is ready for release you can bet that our community here will be the first to know about it.

There's sure to be lots of great things in the works for 2016 with X AIR and we wish you the best in the coming year.
Michael Lapke