Contributor - Level 2

Add a Wifi scanner to the X Air app on all platforms

After a lot of testing to find out why the X Air AP mode utterly failed to work at all in my normal working environment, I found that there were 53 wifi networks bombarding my location (a college full of students who also all have smartphones..), and luckily my Wifi scanner suggested the best channels to use (for both 2.4 and 5GHz) and upon switching to one of these choices the XR actually worked in AP mode.

So my suggestion is for the app - on all platforms - to provide a Wifi scanner that shows all SSIDs and their channel # in any environment, providing the user with a way to select the best Wifi channel for each situation.
As this is a portable mixer designed to work in many environments, this would be an invaluable tool in ensuring the XR Air network always performs at good as it can.
Move and you'll be sampled - you've been warned!
GaetanSchurrer Contributor - Level 2 2017-03-29

2017-03-29

Add a Wifi scanner to the X Air app on all platforms

After a lot of testing to find out why the X Air AP mode utterly failed to work at all in my normal working environment, I found that there were 53 wifi networks bombarding my location (a college full of students who also all have smartphones..), and luckily my Wifi scanner suggested the best channels to use (for both 2.4 and 5GHz) and upon switching to one of these choices the XR actually worked in AP mode.

So my suggestion is for the app - on all platforms - to provide a Wifi scanner that shows all SSIDs and their channel # in any environment, providing the user with a way to select the best Wifi channel for each situation.
As this is a portable mixer designed to work in many environments, this would be an invaluable tool in ensuring the XR Air network always performs at good as it can.

• 0 Kudos
  • 0 Replies