Highlighted
Super Contributor - Level 2

An OSC /export & /import function for scenes, snippets, and other data stored in X32?

Exchanging with a forum member and X32 (Core & Standard) user, I found it is possible to import a partial snippet (that I know) with headers all set to 0. For example one can import from a USB stick the following snippet:

#2.1# "RCard9-16" 0 0 0 0 1
/config/routing/IN/1-8 CARD9-16

This works well; import and then load it in your desk, the snippet does what is strictly requested in the snippet.
But then you cannot save the snippet ("No Data" from the point of view of the X32). There is also no way to retrieve it using an OSC command. The only thing you can do is export it to USB... but not on the X32 Core.

I think it would be very useful to have a /export function that works at least for scenes and snippets, and just outputs on port 10023 the data contained in an X32 dataset (scene, snippet, preset, ...). using the same format as used by scenes, snippets, etc.

And once we have a /export function, might as well also have a /import to perform from OSC what the import utility does on the X32 desk.

Feedback?

Thanks,
-Patrick Maillot
PatrickGMaillot Super Contributor - Level 2 2017-05-14

2017-05-14

An OSC /export & /import function for scenes, snippets, and other data stored in X32?

Exchanging with a forum member and X32 (Core & Standard) user, I found it is possible to import a partial snippet (that I know) with headers all set to 0. For example one can import from a USB stick the following snippet:

#2.1# "RCard9-16" 0 0 0 0 1
/config/routing/IN/1-8 CARD9-16

This works well; import and then load it in your desk, the snippet does what is strictly requested in the snippet.
But then you cannot save the snippet ("No Data" from the point of view of the X32). There is also no way to retrieve it using an OSC command. The only thing you can do is export it to USB... but not on the X32 Core.

I think it would be very useful to have a /export function that works at least for scenes and snippets, and just outputs on port 10023 the data contained in an X32 dataset (scene, snippet, preset, ...). using the same format as used by scenes, snippets, etc.

And once we have a /export function, might as well also have a /import to perform from OSC what the import utility does on the X32 desk.

Feedback?

Thanks,
-Patrick Maillot

• 0 Kudos
  • 3 Replies
Contributor - Level 2

Re: An OSC /export & /import function for scenes, snippets, and other data stored in X32?

May be I don't understand, but import / export is done with X32-Edit on the X32Core?BestKlaus
http://www.redmountain.ch/X32CoreFOHandBandclient.jpg
Super Contributor - Level 2

Re: An OSC /export & /import function for scenes, snippets, and other data stored in X32?

Klaus Roethlisberger;123652 wrote:
May be I don't understand, but import / export is done with X32-Edit on the X32Core?BestKlaus

Actually no. X32-Edit has 2 modes for Snippets/Scenes: local [PC] or remote [X32]. In the latter case, X32-Edit does not have access to the actual data contained in Snippets/Scenes (export/import functions are indeed removed from the menu). Scenes and Snippets are listed thanks to a /showdump OSC call, and selecting a Snippet or a Scene results in a /load OSC command. At no time will the actual data contained in the Scene or Snippet transfer to X32-Edit.

And to go 1 step further, the copy function doesn't work in X32-Edit for Snippets (it does when operating directly on X32)

-Patrick
Contributor - Level 2

Sorry Patrick
I forgot that working with X32-Edit ( v 2.5 here ) isn't actually working on the core except scenes can be stored and recalled…
I use the scenes mostly within X32-Edit and forgot there is no console button for snippets
Best
Klaus
http://www.redmountain.ch/X32CoreFOHandBandclient.jpg