Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Android Recording with "USB Audio Recorder"

Hi there,

just found out, that you can record (all) the xr-18 tracks with the android app "USB Audio Recorder" - no drivers need!

It works fine with my "Acer A500", but you have to try the "Trial-Version" first to see if your tablet works, too.

Greetings,
Günter
GuenterHackner Contributor - Level 2 2015-04-07

2015-04-07

Android Recording with "USB Audio Recorder"

Hi there,

just found out, that you can record (all) the xr-18 tracks with the android app "USB Audio Recorder" - no drivers need!

It works fine with my "Acer A500", but you have to try the "Trial-Version" first to see if your tablet works, too.

Greetings,
Günter

• 0 Kudos
  • 16 Replies
Highlighted
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Android Recording with "USB Audio Recorder"

I think this is something new to Lollipop, but I'm not sure.
Robert Lofgren | Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos and/or mark it as a solution!
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Robert Lofgren;46269 wrote:
I think this is something new to Lollipop, but I'm not sure.

Not new, could do it on my Acer A700 which is running 4.1
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Guenter Hackner;46261 wrote:
Hi there,

Greetings,
Günter

And just for clarification, it's not that there are "no drivers needed" as much as the person who made that app actually wrote a driver for USB audio on Android, which is included in the app. That is why you should try the demo version first, to make sure his driver supports your device. Everyone should try it, and if it works, buy the Pro version or the multitirack version linked below. I can't imagine it is that easy to write a driver in the previously uncharted world of Android USB audio capture. I understand that newer versions of Android OS have some USB audio support built in, but we probably have this App designer at least partially to thank.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.extreamsd.aemobile&hl=en

Demo version:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.extreamsd.aemobiledemo&hl=en
Highlighted
Volunteer Moderator

Abraham Ray;46307 wrote:
I understand that newer versions of Android OS have some USB audio support built in,

Yes, this is what I meant with Lollipop. Sorry about the confusion...
Robert Lofgren | Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos and/or mark it as a solution!
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

AFAIK the built in stuff is two channel only, and not very good. It's designed for USB headsets and the like. This app is much much better than that.

It works fine with my 2013 Nexus 7, although I'm not a fan of the interface. The same people also have Audio Evolution Mobile DAW which IMO has a nicer interface and supports playback too.

That said I don't use either myself, still not 100% worked out what my final recording setup is going to be.
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

By the way, I just tried USB Audio Recorder and DAW with my XR18 and Acer A700, and it did not work... I have gotten it to work with my RME interface, and some other small class compliant stuff, but I don't the the XR is class compliant like the X32.

Has anyone gotten it to work? Guenter? You said it worked for you?
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

@Abraham
Yes, it works with my Acer A500. Did no "tuning"... USB from the XR-18 to the tablet and: "Ready to record"
Contributor - Level 2

Abraham Ray;46307 wrote:
And just for clarification, it's not that there are "no drivers needed" as much as the person who made that app actually wrote a driver for USB audio on Android, which is included in the app. That is why you should try the demo version first, to make sure his driver supports your device. Everyone should try it, and if it works, buy the Pro version or the multitirack version linked below. I can't imagine it is that easy to write a driver in the previously uncharted world of Android USB audio capture. I understand that newer versions of Android OS have some USB audio support built in, but we probably have this App designer at least partially to thank.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.extreamsd.aemobile&hl=en

Demo version:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.extreamsd.aemobiledemo&hl=en

Just noticed that the app you have linked to is not called "USB Audio Recorder" but "Audio Evolution Mobile DAW".

and there is a totally different app called USB Audio Recorder.

Can we clarify exact what app the OP is talking about?
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Rob Johnson;46413 wrote:
Just noticed that the app you have linked to is not called "USB Audio Recorder" but "Audio Evolution Mobile DAW".

and there is a totally different app called USB Audio Recorder.

Can we clarify exact what app the OP is talking about?

He was talking about USB Audio Recorder, the same people who make it make the Mobile DAW software I linked in this thread. I have to figure out why it will not work for me now...