SorinEne Contributor - Level 2 2016-11-09

2016-11-09

Anyone saw this?

..so, I don't know if someone posted this information before.. it looks like Presonus is trying hard to hit the competition with their new console (looks like an x32 wannabe, clone to me)..and at a close price too..
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SLMAD32
..now I'm not gonna lie, I really dig their design (visual that is) and it has some good features like 32 channels recording onboard, 24 dca's.. I don't now, to me it looks like a reversed engineered x32 with some twists and lacks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZI9jH9m0dk
..I reckon a very slow os and faders,,

Anyway, I think they scratched their heads too long for this one I'm affraid.. missed their start completely..for all I can see, it'll probably hit more on allen&heath sales than behringer's, but that's only an oppinion ...

Aw goodies! Now on the good side, we may hopefuly see some new products from behringer and midas or some candy new prices Smiley Very Happy

• 0 Kudos
  • 77 Replies
Contributor - Level 2

Re: Anyone saw this?

The hardware part of a recording card should not be that difficult; however, a good integration with the firmware and all existing applications? That might take a bit more time.

I would prefer that Behringer take their time and do this right. I would really love a good SD card recorder that was easy to access and use for recording and playback. Sounds easy doesn't it? I am sure it is much more complex than meets the eye.

I would really love to have this feature soon. Most of you have read my plea for this in numerous posts. Would I give up my X32 Rack for another product to have direct recording? Not likely. I would have to give up WAY too much other stuff in the process.

The biggest feature of the X32 that keeps me in this line is the inclusion of an inexpensive IEM personal mixing solution (P16m). My aging Furman system is no longer made, and the next failure will have me using the P16 as a replacement .... which will also free up 4 aux sends Smiley Wink

My point is that the infrastructure surrounding the X32 is fantastic. Behringer has thought out a great product line and should be proud of their accomplishments in this regard. I design product lines for a living and can see myself what a great job they have done on the X32 family.

I want the card sooner rather than later, but if later is what I have to deal with, then I will deal with it. Behringers problem isn't people like me leaving IMO. The bigger problem is remaining competitive in the market without this feature.

As stated by at least one poster in this thread, this feature can effect buying decisions. Having this feature will plug the hole and keep the X32 on the top of the food chain even longer.

FWIW, if it were me, I would not have a VER2 X32 until I had processing power avalible off-the-shelf that was at least 5 times faster than the SHARC in the current X32..... or they quit making the version I was using Smiley Wink

Alas, it seems like no matter how much hardware you provide the software group with, they manage to squander it much more quickly than you would imagine possible Smiley Happy
Contributor - Level 2

Per Heldal;94239 wrote:
A good software manufacturer will secure adequate resources to maintain released products. To me as a seasoned developer Behringer display all the typical characteristics of a hardware-manufacturer struggling to adapt to the workflows required to support software-driven product-lines.

Brilliantly put Per and echoes my thoughts exactly.
Contributor - Level 2

And still nothing from Behringer about the recording card, they have gone to ground on this. Why promise something and then go silent... Seems it could have been bullshit after all.....
Mesa boogie MK1 & MKV combos, MKV head & 2x12 cab. Gibson 335 (vintage) fender strats (60, 85) GS, Xotic pedals. Gibson 175, Howard Roberts fusion, Les Paul.
Contributor - Level 2

It hasn't even been officially announced yet. What do you expect?
Contributor - Level 2

Raphael Becker-Foss;95020 wrote:
It hasn't even been officially announced yet. What do you expect?

It was announced to be very soon? So I expect something instead of the silent treatment.
Mesa boogie MK1 & MKV combos, MKV head & 2x12 cab. Gibson 335 (vintage) fender strats (60, 85) GS, Xotic pedals. Gibson 175, Howard Roberts fusion, Les Paul.
Contributor - Level 2

in the past it wasn't rare that after announcing a product it took a year to be able to buy the product. Hopefully things have improved. But to me one month would be like immediately. "Soon" could be few months. Imo.

Contributor - Level 2

Andy Power;95103 wrote:
It was announced to be very soon? So I expect something instead of the silent treatment.

You realize that there is a difference between "soon" and "immediately"? You realize that "soon" is relative? UB did us a favor in announcing the card bevore the official launch, so some guys could wait before switching systems or investing in a Cymatic card. It's in his best intrest, too, no question. But still - for me this information was valid, I already ordered the Cymatic card and was able to cancel the order.
We had those situations before and if a shitstorm is what awaits those who are nice enough to give us some inside information, we will lose that priviledge.
Now, Andy, is that what you want? If not, why not just be a little patient. The card will come. If you can't wait, then there are options available right now. Go for them, it's totally ok.
Contributor - Level 2

Did you guys notice that the Cymatic card has now dropped to EUR239 at both BAX and Thomann?

I already own one since early last year and as the card itself has been working rock-stable we now ordered 2 more as they do solve a real problem at a very acceptable price.
Indeed experienced some issues with th eearlier versions of the utool conversion software, though that now runs very stable on both my laptop and macbook.

But what I would like to know, does anyone already have experiences with their new firmware version that seems to bring complete player/playlist functions? Very curious about that one.

John
    Go to page