Contributor - Level 1

Application with FOH [X32] + STAGE [X32RACK+S16] + BROADCAST [X32PRODUCER]

Hello,

I've just had a few weeks under my belt using a new for FOH & for STAGE duties. The system capabilities are very impressive.

Now I want to add a third "leg" to this existing combo. I'd like to ADD a for BROADCAST mixing.

I'd really appreciate any ideas or advice on how to best setup routing for this new setup. I'm hoping someone else out there has done something very similar? I also have the ability to read files using Paul V's excellent Scene Parser tool if that's helpful?

Obviously the devil is in the (routing) details. But here’s my "50,000 ft" view:

———————————————————————————————
Conceptual FOH -- STAGE -- BROADCAST Setup:

* FOH Console Operator with full X32, has master HA control and Main L/R FOH. FOH will not concerned with MixBus feeds to Camera or Hearing Assist devices, routed through X32 in FOH Balcony location.

* All Stage I/O is via X32-RACK and S16 via AES50. (Stage Operator/Performers mix stage monitors with X-32Q using smart phones and tablets).

* Broadcast-Camera Console Operator (X32-PRODUCER) is acoustically isolated from live performance area (remote room) and mixes using low-latency (AES50) stereo audio mix for routing back to camera located in balcony via AES50 to FOH Console (X32). Operator will have both headphones and L/R Main speakers and M/C subwoofer, as well as video monitor flat screen from live camera to reference performance. Eventually we hope to live stream, but for know the camera records performance and USB backups (audio-only) made on X32-PRODUCER.

Configuration Questions:
* Synchronization = (?) AES50A or B
* HA Remote = (?) AES50A or B
* HA Gain Split = (?) enabled

AES Interconnectivity Questions:
X32-FOH CONSOLE (BALCONY) <-> X32-RACK (STAGE) <-> S16-Mode-1 (STAGE) (??)

and the additional Broadcast-Camera Console (PRODUCER) station

X32-FOH CONSOL...
<-> X32-PRODUCER BROADCAST-CAMERA CONSOLE (REMOTE) (??)

————————————————————————————————
Explanation...

LeeShuster Contributor - Level 1 2015-10-01

2015-10-01

Application with FOH [X32] + STAGE [X32RACK+S16] + BROADCAST [X32PRODUCER]

Hello,

I've just had a few weeks under my belt using a new for FOH & for STAGE duties. The system capabilities are very impressive.

Now I want to add a third "leg" to this existing combo. I'd like to ADD a for BROADCAST mixing.

I'd really appreciate any ideas or advice on how to best setup routing for this new setup. I'm hoping someone else out there has done something very similar? I also have the ability to read files using Paul V's excellent Scene Parser tool if that's helpful?

Obviously the devil is in the (routing) details. But here’s my "50,000 ft" view:

Conceptual FOH -- STAGE -- BROADCAST Setup:

* FOH Console Operator with full X32, has master HA control and Main L/R FOH. FOH will not concerned with MixBus feeds to Camera or Hearing Assist devices, routed through X32 in FOH Balcony location.

* All Stage I/O is via X32-RACK and S16 via AES50. (Stage Operator/Performers mix stage monitors with X-32Q using smart phones and tablets).

* Broadcast-Camera Console Operator (X32-PRODUCER) is acoustically isolated from live performance area (remote room) and mixes using low-latency (AES50) stereo audio mix for routing back to camera located in balcony via AES50 to FOH Console (X32). Operator will have both headphones and L/R Main speakers and M/C subwoofer, as well as video monitor flat screen from live camera to reference performance. Eventually we hope to live stream, but for know the camera records performance and USB backups (audio-only) made on X32-PRODUCER.

Configuration Questions:
* Synchronization = (?) AES50A or B
* HA Remote = (?) AES50A or B
* HA Gain Split = (?) enabled

AES Interconnectivity Questions:
X32-FOH CONSOLE (BALCONY) <-> X32-RACK (STAGE) <-> S16-Mode-1 (STAGE) (??)

and the additional Broadcast-Camera Console (PRODUCER) station

X32-FOH CONSOLE (BALCONY)
<-> X32-PRODUCER BROADCAST-CAMERA CONSOLE (REMOTE) (??)

Explanation of Setup:
X32-FOH (Console in BALCONY)

* Inputs: Ch 1-16 are from the S16 (STAGE), Ch 17-28 are From RACK (STAGE), CH 29-30 LOCAL Wireless Mics, CH 31-32 Unassigned, Aux Inputs: (6) Unassigned

* Outputs: Main L/R to Output CH 15-16 (FOH Amp), Aux Outputs: (4) Hearing Assist FM/Loop, Camera L/R

X-32-RACK (STAGE)

* Inputs: Ch 1-12 are from the Stage Snake North (STAGE), Ch 13-16 are Unassigned (Loft), Aux Inputs: (6) Unassigned

* Outputs: Main L/R to Output CH 7-8 (Overhead Amp), Aux Outputs: (4) Sampson Top CH 1-2, Sampson Bottom Ch 3-4 for passive stage wedge monitors

S-16-Mode 1 (STAGE)

* Inputs: Ch 1-16 are Local (STAGE)

* Outputs: CH 1-8 are Local (STAGE) Monitors for powered stage wedge monitors.

————————————————————————————————————
X32-PRODUCER BROADCAST-CAMERA CONSOLE (REMOTE ROOM)
————————————————————————————————————

* Inputs: Ch 1-32 are AES50B from X32-FOH (Console in BALCONY)

* Outputs: Ch 1-2 is Routed back to X32-FOH CONSOLE for Camera L/R and Ch 3-4 for Hearing Assist FM/Loop. Ch 7-8 are Main L/R Remote Room Stereo monitors, Ch 6 is Main M/C Remote Room Subwoofer, Ch 5 is unassigned. Camera L/R recorded to local USB.

Highlighted
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Application with FOH [X32] + STAGE [X32RACK+S16] + BROADCAST [X32PRODUCER]

Hi Lee,

Welcome to the forum. Glad to see you are utilizing the X32 eco-system to its fullest. A setup like yours really makes the X32 shine. A couple of observations first.

First of all, the AES50 interconnectivity that you have suggested is exactly the way I would set it up (consistent -> due to the limitations of the S16).

A couple of snags I see
* Inputs: Ch 1-16 are from the S16 (STAGE...

Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator. Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!