Contributor - Level 2

Can the X32 Ipad Control app follow the channel selected on the X32

Is it possible to get the X32's iPad control app to follow/display the channel selected on the actual X32 desk? What I'd like to do is "lock" the iPad app and the desk together so that whenever I select a particular channel on the X32, that channel is selected in the iPad app. What I'm thinking is that I could open the ipad app to the EQ or Dynamics editing page, and then whenever I selected a channel on the mixer, the corrisponding channel's EQ or Dynamics page would be displayed on the ipad, ready for easy touch editing.

Yes, of course I understand that I can select whatever channel I want while using the ipad control software. So this could be done by selecting the channel on the ipad. But when I'm standing behind the desk, it would be neat to be able to use the ipad as more of an extension of the board than as a remote controller. If I could have the ipad app reflect the currently selected channel on the mixing board, then it could become more like a touch enabled extension of the mixing board.

I find the ipad to be a MUCH easier interface for setting EQ than the knobs on the board (mainly because I have to press a button to define which band I am editing when I'm working on the board... and the touch interface of the ipad is so nice) .

Is this currently possible? If not, wouldn't it be nice to be able to turn this feature on and off on the iPad app - Lock to Mixer if you are standing at the board and want the ipad to act like an extension of the mixer, and Independent if you want the ipad app to be more of a remote.

Can this be done currently?
Tags (1)
VanceGalloway Contributor - Level 2 2016-02-03

2016-02-03

Can the X32 Ipad Control app follow the channel selected on the X32

Is it possible to get the X32's iPad control app to follow/display the channel selected on the actual X32 desk? What I'd like to do is "lock" the iPad app and the desk together so that whenever I select a particular channel on the X32, that channel is selected in the iPad app. What I'm thinking is that I could open the ipad app to the EQ or Dynamics editing page, and then whenever I selected a channel on the mixer, the corrisponding channel's EQ or Dynamics page would be displayed on the ipad, ready for easy touch editing.

Yes, of course I understand that I can select whatever channel I want while using the ipad control software. So this could be done by selecting the channel on the ipad. But when I'm standing behind the desk, it would be neat to be able to use the ipad as more of an extension of the board than as a remote controller. If I could have the ipad app reflect the currently selected channel on the mixing board, then it could become more like a touch enabled extension of the mixing board.

I find the ipad to be a MUCH easier interface for setting EQ than the knobs on the board (mainly because I have to press a button to define which band I am editing when I'm working on the board... and the touch interface of the ipad is so nice) .

Is this currently possible? If not, wouldn't it be nice to be able to turn this feature on and off on the iPad app - Lock to Mixer if you are standing at the board and want the ipad to act like an extension of the mixer, and Independent if you want the ipad app to be more of a remote.

Can this be done currently?

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

Re: Can the X32 Ipad Control app follow the channel selected on the X32

Yeah this would be a great feature!