Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

Can you use two x32/m32 consoles as or for FOH using stage boxes to share outputs?

Can you use two x32/m32 consoles as or for FOH using stage boxes to share outputs through AES50? In other words have two independent mixers for front of house sending output signals through common stage box outputs i.e. bus 15/16 on both consoles be your left and right outs I understand the P16's won't have full capability but you have everything else. including a full 64 inputs. Has anyone tried this and will there be protocol errors since they are sharing outputs on the snake.
Tags (1)
ChristopherWils Contributor - Level 1 2017-05-17

2017-05-17

Can you use two x32/m32 consoles as or for FOH using stage boxes to share outputs?

Can you use two x32/m32 consoles as or for FOH using stage boxes to share outputs through AES50? In other words have two independent mixers for front of house sending output signals through common stage box outputs i.e. bus 15/16 on both consoles be your left and right outs I understand the P16's won't have full capability but you have everything else. including a full 64 inputs. Has anyone tried this and will there be protocol errors since they are sharing outputs on the snake.

• 0 Kudos
  • 4 Replies
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Can you use two x32/m32 consoles as or for FOH using stage boxes to share outputs?

Hi Christopher,

Welcome to the forum. The answer to your questions is - yes, sort of. If you are wanting 2 independent X32/M32 consoles to each mix up to their max 40 channels (32 XLR + 6 Aux + USB player) for FOH only, it can be done, by designating one of the consoles as a submixer to the other. The submixer outputs would be sent to the other console (typically using the Aux In Remap feature) to be blended into the other console's outputs.

If there are requirements to also use the mixbuses for monitors, etc., that is where it become problematic.
Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator. Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!
Contributor - Level 2

Re: Can you use two x32/m32 consoles as or for FOH using stage boxes to share outputs?

Best

Klaus
http://www.redmountain.ch/X32CoreFOHandBandclient.jpg
Contributor - Level 1

Paul is it possible for both mixers to send all of their identical outputs i.e. mon1, mon2 house l, house R to a mutual connected stage box so that both consoles mon1 come out of the same output on the snake while they operate independently?
Volunteer Moderator

Christopher Wilson;123888 wrote:
Paul is it possible for both mixers to send all of their identical outputs i.e. mon1, mon2 house l, house R to a mutual connected stage box so that both consoles mon1 come out of the same output on the snake while they operate independently?

No that is not possible.
Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator. Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!