Highlighted
Super Contributor - Level 2

First "big" problem on gig

We have a big problem during a gig

Configuration :
1) XR18 V1.09 fw (3 fx + 1 fx on insert out lr)
2) Router netgear WNR3500Lv2
3) PC TOSHIBA i3-3227u 1.90GHZ 4GB RAM W8.1 x64 Wireless: Qualcomm Atheros AR9485WB-G, X-AIR v1.1 (mixer)
4) PC Packard Bell i3 M370 2.40Ghz 4GB RAM W7 x64 Wireless: Realtek RTL8192SE , X-AIR v.1 (backup and music delay)
5) two monitor aux 1 and aux2
6) b615d for main speeker
INPUT
1- mic voice
2- mic voice
3,4 keyboars
5 bass guitar
6 mic to guitar amply
7 mic to guitar amply
9- mic voice
10 mic over L
11 mic over R
12- tom
14- mid tom
15- mic
16- mic kick

Gig on the white night from 21:30 to 24:00 , the area in external the wifi scan present was present 75 acces point, but the channel 10 are low and i set this..
After one hour of music of perfect comunications i see one problem : my toshiba refresh in slow mode and the pc of backup is disconnected of xair and one pop up are present: reconnect ....
The group plays songs and all ok in the music, but the my update on pc mixer was be difficoult, the jallow light of xr18 onrj45 connections
blinking in slow slow mode , i check immediatly the area of 2,4 ghz but is ok, the router work correctly the problem is the on lan
comunication of xr18 !
I follow the groups and for my fortune the setup are ok for the music , after 15 minutes the connections go on fast mode

So +- 700 people follow the group and acclaim the players but i have cold sweat at 28 degree ... GASP
from febrary to now we have do many gig in theatre and outdoor and al ok, this is the first big problem happened.
Gabriele
GabrieleGioli Super Contributor - Level 2 2015-07-13

2015-07-13

First "big" problem on gig

We have a big problem during a gig

Configuration :
1) XR18 V1.09 fw (3 fx + 1 fx on insert out lr)
2) Router netgear WNR3500Lv2
3) PC TOSHIBA i3-3227u 1.90GHZ 4GB RAM W8.1 x64 Wireless: Qualcomm Atheros AR9485WB-G, X-AIR v1.1 (mixer)
4) PC Packard Bell i3 M370 2.40Ghz 4GB RAM W7 x64 Wireless: Realtek RTL8192SE , X-AIR v.1 (backup and music delay)
5) two monitor aux 1 and aux2
6) b615d for main speeker
INPUT
1- mic voice
2- mic voice
3,4 keyboars
5 bass guitar
6 mic to guitar amply
7 mic to guitar amply
9- mic voice
10 mic over L
11 mic over R
12- tom
14- mid tom
15- mic
16- mic kick

Gig on the white night from 21:30 to 24:00 , the area in external the wifi scan present was present 75 acces point, but the channel 10 are low and i set this..
After one hour of music of perfect comunications i see one problem : my toshiba refresh in slow mode and the pc of backup is disconnected of xair and one pop up are present: reconnect ....
The group plays songs and all ok in the music, but the my update on pc mixer was be difficoult, the jallow light of xr18 onrj45 connections
blinking in slow slow mode , i check immediatly the area of 2,4 ghz but is ok, the router work correctly the problem is the on lan
comunication of xr18 !
I follow the groups and for my fortune the setup are ok for the music , after 15 minutes the connections go on fast mode

So +- 700 people follow the group and acclaim the players but i have cold sweat at 28 degree ... GASP
from febrary to now we have do many gig in theatre and outdoor and al ok, this is the first big problem happened.
Gabriele

• 0 Kudos
  • 28 Replies
Contributor - Level 2

Re: First "big" problem on gig

Maybe a lot of people were trying to connect to your router, maybe turn off SSID broadcast?
Contributor - Level 3

Are you using a default IP address in your router?

Gaudioso Nalupa;54380 wrote:
Are you using a default IP address in your router?

Thank you Kevin , i don't think was be a problem of attack on my spot , in area cold be found 75 wifi spot and all is possible...
I think the problem was be the xr18 , the wifi signal was full on my pc and the pc of backup was near at the router.
The backup pc was disconnected and the mixer pc worked very slow.
One month ago we have realized a gig a 50 meters of this street and was be ok !
The temperature of air was be 28 degree and the x18 was very hot

Thank you Gaudioso, the router is setting for dhcp and the address are of default 10.0.0.1 the xr18 10.0.0.2
Contributor - Level 2

Maybe try a different router - something dual band. I have a dirt cheap 2.4GHz router mounted on a 7 foot stand and I see some sluggishness at 100 feet, even with very little wifi traffic.
I know my XR18 gets a little hot on the top when using the internal wifi, but not when using an external router. Is yours mounted in a rack that doesn't have enough air circulation?

Ciao Tom , I have realized many gigs with my router of 2,4 ghz without problem , the max distance for working with my toshiba is 100 mt : no bad.
I tried with 5 ghz but the problem is the wall of people when the band plays on the street the signal at 5 ghz disappears ...
the signal at 2,4 ghz is better on these cases

I forgotten a point in the first post when i saw the problem of slowly update and disconnections , the rta signal was disappeared , no rta signal in all cases of setup.

Is also for this point i think is a xr18 problem and not wireless router problem .
In all cases i have on order one CPE210 TP-LINK for try new wifi point
Contributor - Level 2

Gabriele here is my take on this. Both control surfaces are PC's W7 and W8.1. I believe you are running out of memory and OS resources after probably running the PC's for some time without a reboot. Check via Task manager and select task manager. I have seen this on XP and W7 with long tests. There is a resource/memory leak in the X-Air app and Behringer is aware of it but it has not been addressed. W7 and W8.x have better garbage collection algorithms than XP and it takes longer for it to show. I would recommend a reboot (not sleep mode) before a gig. Then keep an eye on the resources. I would only run essential apps.

Thank you william, but isn't a problem of pc resource, i am a thecnician and i work from 1982 in S.O. , realtime device
on c++ assembler and other...
I have worked also for create comunication protocol in 485, usb, and can protocol, lan etc etc..
Now i work in BI and data security .
The our pcs are setting only for interface xr18.
Contributor - Level 2

Hi Gabriele,

RTA running slow or not at all is due to either poor or saturated network. The RTA is a dump 100 values that are sent every 50ms. The console has to send this to every client that has asked for it along with any other data.

I would recommend ensuring you are only using RTA on one client at a time if you are in a congested location. If you are struggling with network performance anyway, I would turn off RTA on all clients altogether.
Contributor - Level 2

Too bad the FCC are taking all of the good frequencies. They were a lot of sub 1GHz bands that would crush 2.4 in every single way.