Mixing

This page is dedicated to the art of mixing. Join other producers and recording engineers and discuss mixing techniques, your favorite software, equipment and more!

Highlighted

Forum changes and essentially a 5 day outage...

Contributor - Level 2
So for 5 days we won't be able to ask, answer, or comment on anything...

"Dear forumites! Beginning February 10, at 9:00 AM CET, we will turn forum.musictribe.com to read-only mode and we will be launching a new intuitive community platform for you on February 15, 2019. Stay tuned!"
Tags (1)
25 REPLIES 25

Re: Forum changes and essentially a 5 day outage...

Volunteer Moderator
Paul and I call it vacation Smiley Very Happy
Robert Lofgren | Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!

Re: Forum changes and essentially a 5 day outage...

Contributor - Level 2
Well earned I would say. Smiley Very Happy

Re: Forum changes and essentially a 5 day outage...

Volunteer Moderator
Robert Lofgren;160156 wrote:
Paul and I call it vacation Smiley Very Happy

Yes, after we get through the cold turkey withdrawl stage Smiley Wink
Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator

Re: Forum changes and essentially a 5 day outage...

Contributor - Level 3
I hope the "new intuitive community platform" isn't some Facebook group. I dislike those intensely.

Re: Forum changes and essentially a 5 day outage...

Volunteer Moderator
No, it isn’t any FB thingie. But it is a big update so I expect some break-in related hickups

Kevin Maxwell;160167 wrote:
I hope the "new intuitive community platform" isn't some Facebook group. I dislike those intensely.
Robert Lofgren | Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!

Re: Forum changes and essentially a 5 day outage...

Contributor - Level 3
Any chance the first-5-posts-hidden-and-directly-moderated-for-spam requirement could be reduced to 3?

Re: Forum changes and essentially a 5 day outage...

Contributor - Level 2
Forgive me if that sounds ominous, Mackie did a similar thing a few years ago when too many forum users were asking awkward questions. Hopefully this will not be the same and this place will remain as useful and friendly as it has been.

If it all does go t1ts up I'd like to thank all the regulars who have provided so much patient help over the years.

Re: Forum changes and essentially a 5 day outage...

Volunteer Moderator
We might try it to see if three can be enough in the future.

Craig Fowler;160191 wrote:
Any chance the first-5-posts-hidden-and-directly-moderated-for-spam requirement could be reduced to 3?
Robert Lofgren | Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!

Re: Forum changes and essentially a 5 day outage...

Volunteer Moderator
The plan is that all current forum posts will be migrated over so there will be no lost information, unless Murphy plans to pay a visit. I can’t guarantee that PM’s will survive the transfer though so if you have a special love letter then I encourage you to save it somewhere else

The platform upgrade will be so much more than just a forum. I do expect some initial hurdles and tweaking though given the size of this new community upgrade. The platform will also evolve throughout a couple of iterations.

Sam Spoons;160216 wrote:
Forgive me if that sounds ominous, Mackie did a similar thing a few years ago when too many forum users were asking awkward questions. Hopefully this will not be the same and this place will remain as useful and friendly as it has been.

If it all does go t1ts up I'd like to thank all the regulars who have provided so much patient help over the years.
Robert Lofgren | Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!
Conversation Stats
  • 25
  • Replies
  • 569
  • Views
  • 0
  • Kudos Given
  • 11
  • Contributors