Mixing

This page is dedicated to the art of mixing. Join other producers and recording engineers and discuss mixing techniques, your favorite software, equipment and more!

Highlighted

Going on a year without a firmware update

Contributor - Level 2
Just curious if anyone has a sense of whether Behringer is "done" updating the X32? What do I want addressed? Not too sure, as the board is meeting my needs very well. I think the USB recorder could benefit from some tweaks. And a few more specialty effects would be cool (autotune, Univibe, more amp sim choices)?
Tags (1)
9 REPLIES

Re: Going on a year without a firmware update

Volunteer Moderator
They have plans for a future update but they are currently swamped by other pressing projects so it will take a while until we may see any update.
Robert Lofgren | Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!

Contributor - Level 2
Steve Katsikas;154999 wrote:
Just curious if anyone has a sense of whether Behringer is "done" updating the X32? What do I want addressed? Not too sure, as the board is meeting my needs very well. I think the USB recorder could benefit from some tweaks. And a few more specialty effects would be cool (autotune, Univibe, more amp sim choices)?

Smiley Happy Tell you what I'd love to have on the X32/M32: a fully programmable User assign section, or at least one bank (A, B, or C) where I could tweak at will what rotary and push buttons do (just give me 0/1 or [0., ... 1.]) and full access to icons, text and colors of the scribbles.
This would really open up the possibilities for the console. Well for me at least Smiley Happy
-Patrick

Super Contributor - Level 1
I want a whole bunch of things I wasn't smart enough to know I needed and never thought about before they got here...again. Then I will be a happy camper!Smiley Wink That and overdub capability for X-Live that doesn't seem to exist at present.

Idea for another gamechanger ...

Contributor - Level 2
Make use of AU / VST plugins...

Klaus
http://redmountain.ch/X32CoreFOHandBandclient.jpg

Contributor - Level 2
Patrick-Gilles Maillot;155028 wrote:
Smiley Happy Tell you what I'd love to have on the X32/M32: a fully programmable User assign section, or at least one bank (A, B, or C) where I could tweak at will what rotary and push buttons do (just give me 0/1 or [0., ... 1.]) and full access to icons, text and colors of the scribbles.
This would really open up the possibilities for the console. Well for me at least Smiley Happy
-Patrick

Yes Patrick. For many years now many of us have asked for access to icons of the scribbles.
So many classic instruments that are missing.

Can this really be a problem?

Thomas

Contributor - Level 3
I'd just be satisfied with making the busses/sends individually assignable instead of in groups of two.

Whoever thought of that to begin with was crazy.

Contributor - Level 2
I don't quite understand your request. At what point are the Busses/Sends stuck as pairs? I can route any of them individually wherever I want AFAIAA.

Super Contributor - Level 1
I think he's talking about ch sends to buses, if you send a ch prefader to bus 1 you have to send it prefader to bus 2, same for 3/4 5/6 etc etc. Can't send ch 1 pre eq to bus 1 and post eq to bus 2. It's fixed in pairs. He wants independent single ch sends to buses I think, I wouldn't mind that myself but don't think it will happen for the X32.

Contributor - Level 3
Gary Higgins;155225 wrote:
I think he's talking about ch sends to buses, if you send a ch prefader to bus 1 you have to send it prefader to bus 2, same for 3/4 5/6 etc etc. Can't send ch 1 pre eq to bus 1 and post eq to bus 2. It's fixed in pairs. He wants independent single ch sends to buses I think, I wouldn't mind that myself but don't think it will happen for the X32.

Exactly, I didn't word it correctly. Setting up subgroups, ,monitor sends, etc is a pain because of this limitation. If you need 5 monitor sends (1-5) and the 6 to be the vocal subgroup, you can't do it.
Conversation Stats
  • Replies
  • Views
  • Kudos Given
  • Contributors