Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

Hard wired Ethernet AND Wifi for X32 rack?

I have an X32 Rack that I use for live music and have wifi set up through a wireless router to control via iPad and also use a laptop running the X32 Edit, as well as USB to record. The laptop is able to access a wireless internet connection at the same time, which is great. My question is, I have another X32 Rack that I have set up in a home studio (rehearsal and recording). The DAW is PC based with hard wired Ethernet for internet access. I have a wireless router setup to control it from an iPad, and USB is also connected to record/playback. Is there a way to configure so that I can also get internet access and setup X32 Edit on the desktop DAW? I realize this is probably a networking question, but could use some advice. Ideally I would like the desktop DAW PC to be able to run X32 Edit and be able to access the internet. Thanks.

TimWhiting Contributor - Level 1 2017-04-10

2017-04-10

Hard wired Ethernet AND Wifi for X32 rack?

I have an X32 Rack that I use for live music and have wifi set up through a wireless router to control via iPad and also use a laptop running the X32 Edit, as well as USB to record. The laptop is able to access a wireless internet connection at the same time, which is great. My question is, I have another X32 Rack that I have set up in a home studio (rehearsal and recording). The DAW is PC based with hard wired Ethernet for internet access. I have a wireless router setup to control it from an iPad, and USB is also connected to record/playback. Is there a way to configure so that I can also get internet access and setup X32 Edit on the desktop DAW? I realize this is probably a networking question, but could use some advice. Ideally I would like the desktop DAW PC to be able to run X32 Edit and be able to access the internet. Thanks.

Contributor - Level 2

Re: Hard wired Ethernet AND Wifi for X32 rack?

You already have hard wired and wireless network runnign. So what was the actual question?
Network is network. It doesn't matter how you connect to it. As long as everything is connected (wired or wireless) and all devices are in the same IP range (192.168.xxx.yyy, where xxx has to be the same on all devices) it will work.