Mixing

This page is dedicated to the art of mixing. Join other producers and recording engineers and discuss mixing techniques, your favorite software, equipment and more!

Highlighted

Help with Cues

Contributor - Level 2
We recently purchased an X32 Producer and are still learning our way around it. We need help with cues. We've been reading the manual and searching and reading other sources and watching some YouTube videos, but something still seems to escape us.

I think we understand the Scenes and Snippets, and how those are used to create cues. We've gotten some basic Scenes, Snippets, and cues created just for testing, but...

NOTHING we can find anywhere talks about (in detail) or demonstrates running through cues during a show, using Go, and it doesn't seem to work for us.

We try to run the cues using Go and nothing happens. (Our cues are just fader moves right now, so we expect to see faders change positions as we go through the cues, and they don't.)

One factor, we're trying to do this through the X32 Edit software on a Mac. It seems like it won't even let us click Go. The Go button on the software lights up green and just sticks there.

And on the board itself, we see lots of instructions and videos referring to a "Scenes" set of buttons, on the physical board itself, that include a Go button, but the X32 Producer does not appear to have those buttons. So how does one "Go" on the board itself?

OH, and on the software, when trying to edit scenes, snippets, and cues, we see 2 sets of those buttons on the cues/scenes/snippets window. Why are there 2 sets?

Thank you.
Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Help with Cues

Contributor - Level 2
Cory Hug;158403 wrote:
We recently purchased an X32 Producer and are still learning our way around it. We need help with cues. We've been reading the manual and searching and reading other sources and watching some YouTube videos, but something still seems to escape us.

I think we understand the Scenes and Snippets, and how those are used to create cues. We've gotten some basic Scenes, Snippets, and cues created just for testing, but...

NOTHING we can find anywhere talks about (in detail) or demonstrates running through cues during a show, using Go, and it doesn't seem to work for us.

We try to run the cues using Go and nothing happens. (Our cues are just fader moves right now, so we expect to see faders change positions as we go through the cues, and they don't.)

One factor, we're trying to do this through the X32 Edit software on a Mac. It seems like it won't even let us click Go. The Go button on the software lights up green and just sticks there.

And on the board itself, we see lots of instructions and videos referring to a "Scenes" set of buttons, on the physical board itself, that include a Go button, but the X32 Producer does not appear to have those buttons. So how does one "Go" on the board itself?

OH, and on the software, when trying to edit scenes, snippets, and cues, we see 2 sets of those buttons on the cues/scenes/snippets window. Why are there 2 sets?

Thank you.

You can program your Assignable Buttons for some of these tasks.

Volunteer Moderator
Hi Cory,

Welcome to the forum. The Go button on X32 Edit should work. But there are a number of settings, etc. that could prevent it from working as expected. First of all what firmware and app version are you using? It makes a difference in what various settings are called (particularly in the app - 2.5 or older, or 3.0 or newer).

The left set is the cues, scenes and snippets located on the computer. The right set are the ones located in the console itself.
Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator

Contributor - Level 2
Paul Vannatto;158450 wrote:
Hi Cory,

Welcome to the forum. The Go button on X32 Edit should work. But there are a number of settings, etc. that could prevent it from working as expected. First of all what firmware and app version are you using? It makes a difference in what various settings are called (particularly in the app - 2.5 or older, or 3.0 or newer).

The left set is the cues, scenes and snippets located on the computer. The right set are the ones located in the console itself.

I'll have to check the versions next time I'm at the theater, but the software should be the latest version available on the Behringer web site, and the board firmware would be relatively recent since we just bought the board a few months ago.

Thanks for the tip on difference of the left and right cue sets.

Contributor - Level 3
Cory Hug;158579 wrote:
I'll have to check the versions next time I'm at the theater, but the software should be the latest version available on the Behringer web site, and the board firmware would be relatively recent since we just bought the board a few months ago.

Thanks for the tip on difference of the left and right cue sets.

Are you trying to do theatrical shows with the built in Cue system? I use Palladium from https://www.chsounddesign.com/ it isn't free but I can't imagine trying to do Musical theater without it.

If you want more information I would be glad to help you. Where are you located?

Contributor - Level 2
Kevin Maxwell;158604 wrote:
Are you trying to do theatrical shows with the built in Cue system? I use Palladium from https://www.chsounddesign.com/ it isn't free but I can't imagine trying to do Musical theater without it.

If you want more information I would be glad to help you. Where are you located?

We do also have Qlab, which was also recently purchased, so our long term plan was to write the sound board cues in the sound board itself and use Qlab to trigger them. But short term we have a very simple show and we thought we'd try to run the cues on the board itself, but need to do it remotely, hence trying to use the software. But we also couldn't figure out how "Go" cues on the board itself since there are no dedicated Scenes buttons on the Producer.

Contributor - Level 3
Cory Hug;158669 wrote:
We do also have Qlab, which was also recently purchased, so our long term plan was to write the sound board cues in the sound board itself and use Qlab to trigger them. But short term we have a very simple show and we thought we'd try to run the cues on the board itself, but need to do it remotely, hence trying to use the software. But we also couldn't figure out how "Go" cues on the board itself since there are no dedicated Scenes buttons on the Producer.

I’m not sure how to do what you want on the producer itself. I looked at the manual. And I don’t see an easy way to do what you want with an X32 Producer.

I know that you can do what you want with Midi if you have an external device that will send Midi Increment messages to the Producer or actually any of the X32/M32 mixers. The Behringer BCF2000 can do this and the X-Touch Compact and the X-Touch Mini (I don’t think you can do this on the full sized X-Touch but I am not sure). I have used the BCF2000 to do this and I have used it as a fader expansion wing. The motorized faders on the BCF2000 are a little noisy on scene recalled as it slaps the faders down all the way. The faders on the X-Touch Compact are a lot quieter.

If you need more help in how to do this with Midi let me know.
Conversation Stats
  • Replies
  • Views
  • Kudos Given
  • Contributors