Mixing

This page is dedicated to the art of mixing. Join other producers and recording engineers and discuss mixing techniques, your favorite software, equipment and more!

Highlighted

How to get X32-Edit for Windows to remember the screen position of the window

Contributor - Level 2
It sure would be nice if X32-Edit for Windows remembered the screen size and position. Every time I start the program, it comes up partially off the screen and does not remember the way I set it up before. This seems like a no-brainer. Every other program I use remembers the screen position. Is it possible to set this up, so the X32Edit program window comes up the way I previously set it up?
42 REPLIES 42

Re: How to get X32-Edit for Windows to remember the screen position of the window

Volunteer Moderator
Hi David,

It remembers where I put it. What version of X32-Edit are you using and what OS?
Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator

Re: How to get X32-Edit for Windows to remember the screen position of the window

Contributor - Level 2
No problems here either remembering screen position in either Win 7 or 10, laptop, desktop or tablet. Smiley Happy

Contributor - Level 2
In Windows 10 this file is used:
c:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\X32-Edit\X32Edit.prefs

How to get X32-Edit for Windows to remember the screen position of the window

Contributor - Level 2
Anthonie Hunter;152908 wrote:
In Windows 10 this file is used:
c:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\X32-Edit\X32Edit.prefs

I have a Dell XPS13 with 3200x1800 screen, Windows 10 w/ latest updates. Whenever I start X32 edit the window is the wrong size, off the screen, etc. When I try to resize it, it jumps down to the bottom right corner, then I can resize it to fit the scree. However it does not remember this for the next time I open the window. Is this perhaps a peculiarity to the 4K screen?

Contributor - Level 2
Remove the complete folder c:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\X32-Edit
Than start X32 Edit.
It will create the same folder with default values.

Contributor - Level 2
Anthonie Hunter;154233 wrote:
Remove the complete folder c:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\X32-Edit
Than start X32 Edit.
It will create the same folder with default values.

Sorry, that does not work. It does the same thing. It starts up with part of the window off the screen and then jumps to the bottom right corner when I try to resize it. It takes three or four steps to get it how I want it and then it is all messed up again when I restart X32 Edit. It looks like this program is not compatible with my 4K monitor. This is a big, irritating problem for me. I hope Behringer is able to make this work with 4K monitors. Lots of people have those now.

Contributor - Level 2
Sorry to hear that.
It solved my issues, but that was on a HD screen.
I don't have any 4K screen to test it.

Contributor - Level 2
X32 Edit doesn't even seem to be aware of the windows size or resolution on my 4K screen. When I click on the fullscreen icon (upper right). The window expands far beyond my actual screen size. Between this and X32 Edit window jumping down to the lower right corner whenever I try to resize, is completely maddening. Having this happen at a show could be a disaster.

Contributor - Level 2
Tested here on a couple of systems with Windows 10 (font scaling at 100%) and different screens.

#1: 1920x1080 (HD) remembers the layout
#2: 1920x1200 (WUXGA) remembers the layout
#3: 2560x1440 (WQHD) remembers the layout

I do not have screens with 4096x2160 (4K) like you do so could not test that but above resolutions remembers the layout just fine. Possible your high screen resolution is the problem. Can you scale it back to one of the above to test if it will work.

Did you set in Windows 10 the font scaling to 100% or is it set to a higher value?
I know a lot of software have troubles with that font scaling function and will only work correctly when set to 100%.
Varomedia theater audio solutions
Conversation Stats
  • Replies
  • Views
  • Kudos Given
  • Contributors