Contributor - Level 1

Integrating Logic Pro with Midas M32

I am struggling (to say the least) with the integration of Logic Pro and the Midas 32.

The challenge: I want to map Audio Track 1 from Logic Pro to the Midas 32 (on the left side, track 1), Audio Track 2 in Logic Pro to the Midas Channel 2, etc. I was told by selecting the Card 1-8, Card 9-16 etc, and mapping the channels output in Logic Pro to Output 1, it would appear on Track 1 on the Midas 32. It has not worked. I have found NO way to get the Midas 32 to align with the left bank of 16 tracks. I have assigned the Card in the Home section of Routing as told. I have mapped the output of the Logic track as mono outout 1, output 2 etc respectively and still all tracks appear on the right side of the board.

Please, can someone explain this to me like I was 3 years old? And if this is NOT possible, can someone please tell me too? I doubt very much that this cannot be done as I have seen Behringer boards do this.

Thanks

Mike

Michael Grande
RockOutLoud Contributor - Level 1 2019-10-15

2019-10-15

Integrating Logic Pro with Midas M32

I am struggling (to say the least) with the integration of Logic Pro and the Midas 32.

The challenge: I want to map Audio Track 1 from Logic Pro to the Midas 32 (on the left side, track 1), Audio Track 2 in Logic Pro to the Midas Channel 2, etc. I was told by selecting the Card 1-8, Card 9-16 etc, and mapping the channels output in Logic Pro to Output 1, it would appear on Track 1 on the Midas 32. It has not worked. I have found NO way to get the Midas 32 to align with the left bank of 16 tracks. I have assigned the Card in the Home section of Routing as told. I have mapped the output of the Logic track as mono outout 1, output 2 etc respectively and still all tracks appear on the right side of the board.

Please, can someone explain this to me like I was 3 years old? And if this is NOT possible, can someone please tell me too? I doubt very much that this cannot be done as I have seen Behringer boards do this.

Thanks

Mike

• 0 Kudos
  • 4 Replies
Super Contributor - Level 2

Re: Integrating Logic Pro with Midas M32

Are you trying to record Midas channel 1 (M1) to a track in Logic?

Are you trying to send the output from Logic track 1 (L1) to the Midas?

Are you trying to route the audio from Logic through the Midas and back to Logic?

Logic Pro X 10.4.6, X-Touch 1.15, XR18 1.5, macOS 10.14.5
Contributor - Level 1

Hi Chris

I am trying to route tracks recorded in Logic to the Midas bank of channles 1-16 on the left side. The idea was to be able to use the effects and do a full mix, then mix down with the effects from the Midas rather than using the plugins. Does that make sense? I have sent each track in Logic to the respective Mono Outputs, and assigned the Routing to Card 1-8 Card 9-16 and the only thing I can see is the Audio in Logic on the right side bank of the Midas

Michael Grande
Highlighted
Super Contributor - Level 2

I don't have an M32, but I do have an XR18 which presents a similar situation for outboard processing in Logic.

In Logic - create 16 audio tracks. On each audio track use the I/O plugin to send the audio to an output channel, and to the channel where the audio will come back.

The Logic audio tracks will have their output set to Stereo Out (simple case)

Make sure the M32 appears as 32 in/32 out interface to the Mac.

deal with the fact that everything will now have to be done in real time, no offline bouncing.

You don't, necessarily, want to have the M32 set to be in DAW mode (MCU) which will let you "drive" Logic from the M32. You just want Logic to send the audio to the M32 and record what comes back.

Logic Pro X 10.4.6, X-Touch 1.15, XR18 1.5, macOS 10.14.5
Contributor - Level 2

Go to routing / home and scroll down to the bottom of "inputs 1-8" and set it to card 1-8 and follow suite card 9-16 etc. You are basiically routing the inputs of the bourd to have the ouptuts of your daw come in on those channels.  I use pro tools not logic but you also have to tell each channle in logic to go out the same way, each track has to be set to output 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 etc. Also make sure as mentioned under "Setup"  Card which is the last tab that it is set to 32 in and 32 out.

M32r, Pro Tools, DL32.