Contributor - Level 2

Ipad XAir app crashes

Just got an XR18 and got it all to working except the XAir Ipad app crashes as soon as you put in IP address and hit enter. Then Ipad goes back to home screen.
It is hooked up thru a router. My computer and android tablet work fine but Ipad crashes.
I've also found out that the Ipad works fine if you are using the internal router on the XR18. I'm using a router so I can hardwire computer.
My Ipad has latest firmware and I've tried reloading app several times and also rebooting Ipad.
Does anyone have a fix for this or am I doing something wrongor is that just the way it is?
Thanks
HenryMatthews Contributor - Level 2 2017-02-08

2017-02-08

Ipad XAir app crashes

Just got an XR18 and got it all to working except the XAir Ipad app crashes as soon as you put in IP address and hit enter. Then Ipad goes back to home screen.
It is hooked up thru a router. My computer and android tablet work fine but Ipad crashes.
I've also found out that the Ipad works fine if you are using the internal router on the XR18. I'm using a router so I can hardwire computer.
My Ipad has latest firmware and I've tried reloading app several times and also rebooting Ipad.
Does anyone have a fix for this or am I doing something wrongor is that just the way it is?
Thanks

• 0 Kudos
  • 13 Replies
Highlighted
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Ipad XAir app crashes

Try and delete the app and then reinstall it.

Why do you need to enter the ip-address? The app should autodetect the mixer...
Robert Lofgren | Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos and/or mark it as a solution!
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Don't know Robert, that's the screen it brings up when you click on Ipad app. It says, manual IP with a little box to enter IPand then has connect right under it. I enter IP and when you hit connect, goes right back to home screen on Ipad. Mine is and Ipad 2 with 10.2.1 up date.
Should it auto detect mixer even if I'm using a router?
I have reinstalled the app about 4 times. Thanks
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

hi...same happened 2 me...i fully powered off my xr12...switched the xr on again...voila...ipad air 2 found it and connected like a charm...hope this helps?!
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Likewise, exact same thing happened to me on first day. I simply deleted it and did a fresh install from the App Store, not an issue since.
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Have tried everything all suggested, even Behringer support told me same thing as you all have. Last night we tried my friends IPad Pro and it does same thing. Beginning to think it may have something to do with a setting on IPad or maybe even a setting on my router. Looked at router settings and didn't see anything I could really change. Again, android works fine. It's a puzzle to me. Any more help would be appreciated .
Highlighted
Volunteer Moderator

Do you have acces to another wifi router to try? Is your current router on its latest firmware?

I once had strange issues with my network connection and the xr18 but after upgrading the firmware on the wifi my problems went away...
Robert Lofgren | Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos and/or mark it as a solution!
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Robert, it's a new router but I know that doesn't mean its firmware up to date but I think Jeremy updated it. I do have access to another router I can try. I tend to believe it's got something to do with a setting on IPad. Apple is sorta odd at times about security and some of the settings. My son is an Apple guru and if I can get him over, he may can figure it out. I even read somewhere that if the iPad doesn't see the internet that certain apps won't load and I'm think it's something like that. I'll keep you all posted. Thanks a million.
Henry
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Please, has anyone come up with a fix for this yet. I tried another router, we have tried 3 different Ipads. Surely someone else has this problem with the odds of me trying 3 different Ipads and they all do the same thing, pop right back to home screen.
Again, works for internal router fine but won't connect to external router. the android tablets we have work fine but I really don't like the app on them.
I did notice that the Ipad app was update on the 10th and haven't been to venue yet to try so hoping that may have fixed it.
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Henry,
I never had this but I never used the screen to put any numbers in. When the iPad is in the same Network as the XR, it shows up on the homescreen for you to just tip on and it will start to show it.

Are your androids set up with manual ip-setting?
What does the android app show when you just tip search? Does it find the XR?

Is the XR set up for static IP, DHCP or DHCPS?
Is the external router set up as DHCP server?

Cheers
Ulf
Behringer XR18, X Air iPad Air2, X-Air-Edit PC Windows 7, X Air Android