Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Latest firmware and features

Just a thought (I've been away for a while and am a little behind with the current f/w). However, is there any reason why the aux and USB channels could not be equipped with a full channel strip (with all the bells and whistles) allowing an extra 8 full channels (with a combination of S16/SD8/126s or WHY and instead of the Auxs)? We were told early on that the X32 has plenty of processing power for future expansion and having 40 full channels available would silence some of the critics. And remove all the fudging of routing with the auxs as all channels would be the same.

We can already route mic inputs to the auxs so it shouldn't be impossible (though I understand it might require a fairly major rewrite)?
Tags (1)
sam_spoons Contributor - Level 2 2017-03-16

2017-03-16

Latest firmware and features

Just a thought (I've been away for a while and am a little behind with the current f/w). However, is there any reason why the aux and USB channels could not be equipped with a full channel strip (with all the bells and whistles) allowing an extra 8 full channels (with a combination of S16/SD8/126s or WHY and instead of the Auxs)? We were told early on that the X32 has plenty of processing power for future expansion and having 40 full channels available would silence some of the critics. And remove all the fudging of routing with the auxs as all channels would be the same.

We can already route mic inputs to the auxs so it shouldn't be impossible (though I understand it might require a fairly major rewrite)?

• 0 Kudos
  • 6 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Re: Latest firmware and features

Sam Spoons;119118 wrote:
...remove all the fudging of routing with the auxs as all channels would be the same.
Whilst I agree that would be awesome
Sam Spoons;119118 wrote:
... the X32 has plenty of processing power for future expansion...
is not something I've ever seen or heard before. In fact, all of the feedback from those 'in the know' (Robert, Paul, Per, etc.) seems to point to the fact that the processing is already close to the limit, hence the repeated requests for similar changes have not been addressed.

I'd love to be proven wrong, but you may have to wait for v2.0 (or possibly stump up for a future MIDAS product) to get that kind of functionality...
Highlighted
Volunteer Moderator

Sam Spoons;119118 wrote:
We were told early on that the X32 has plenty of processing power for future expansion

Who said that and when? I'm not aware of that statement ever mentioned from Behringer. In fact when firmware 2.0 was released (Jan 2014), I was told that the DSP was at its limits and there was likely very little more that could be squeezed out of it. If you look at the latest 3.0 firmware, there was not that much added. The main feature was the new X32-Edit.
Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator. Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Paul Vannatto;119145 wrote:
Who said that and when? I'm not aware of that statement ever mentioned from Behringer.

Trump said it
Highlighted
Volunteer Moderator

Steve Potts;119235 wrote:
Trump said it

That wouldn't surprise me at all Steve Smiley Very Happy
Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator. Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!
Highlighted
Superhero - Level 2

Steve Potts;119235 wrote:
Trump said it

and "Make The X32 Great Again".Smiley Very Happy
Thanks for the Accepted Solutions and Kudos! Always appreciated IF duly earned.
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

I know this is a bit of a zombie thread but I've not been around much since the new forum software (I hate it and can't work it.....Smiley Frustrated)

@Paul_Vannatto wrote:
Sam Spoons;119118 wrote:
We were told early on that the X32 has plenty of processing power for future expansion

Who said that and when? I'm not aware of that statement ever mentioned from Behringer. In fact when firmware 2.0 was released (Jan 2014), I was told that the DSP was at its limits and there was likely very little more that could be squeezed out of it. If you look at the latest 3.0 firmware, there was not that much added. The main feature was the new X32-Edit.

I can't remember where I heard it Paul but probably amongst the early discussions and marketing chat. I am sure it came from a Behringer source not just idle speculation though. As you know I am a fairly early adopter and followed the early developement and marketing keenly.