Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

Linking Midas M32 FOH and Behringer Wing Live Stream via AES50

Hello -

My church is looking to add a separate mixer dedicated to mixing our live stream. We currently have a Midas M32 at FOH with DL16s at the stage, along with a QSC Touchmix located next to the M32 that receives a mono signal feed off a bus on the M32 for the video stream. The feed to the Touchmix is currently Pastor's mic only as we are only streaming the sermon.

We now want to include a fully mixed worship band to the streaming feed and make the mono feed a stereo pair. I am looking at picking up a Wing that would sit in our new mix suite separately located away from FOH position in another room. My understanding is I can connect the M32 and Wing via AES50 as a master/slave pair so I can get a copy of the stage inputs. I am hoping to not have to use the Wing's card slot for Dante to accomplish this as I'd rather have a Waves Soundgrid card installed.

My question is whether I can indeed do this AND return my fully mixed audio for the stream back to the M32 from the Wing on AES50 (bi-directional routing) The idea is I'd then configure the M32 to send the stereo pair from the Wing back to the video mixer.

Tags (2)
BigFire Contributor - Level 1 2020-04-27

2020-04-27

Linking Midas M32 FOH and Behringer Wing Live Stream via AES50

Hello -

My church is looking to add a separate mixer dedicated to mixing our live stream. We currently have a Midas M32 at FOH with DL16s at the stage, along with a QSC Touchmix located next to the M32 that receives a mono signal feed off a bus on the M32 for the video stream. The feed to the Touchmix is currently Pastor's mic only as we are only streaming the sermon.

We now want to include a fully mixed worship band to the streaming feed and make the mono feed a stereo pair. I am looking at picking up a Wing that would sit in our new mix suite separately located away from FOH position in another room. My understanding is I can connect the M32 and Wing via AES50 as a master/slave pair so I can get a copy of the stage inputs. I am hoping to not have to use the Wing's card slot for Dante to accomplish this as I'd rather have a Waves Soundgrid card installed.

My question is whether I can indeed do this AND return my fully mixed audio for the stream back to the M32 from the Wing on AES50 (bi-directional routing) The idea is I'd then configure the M32 to send the stereo pair from the Wing back to the video mixer.

• 0 Kudos
  • 0 Replies