Mixing

This page is dedicated to the art of mixing. Join other producers and recording engineers and discuss mixing techniques, your favorite software, equipment and more!

Highlighted

M32 Edit - Where are the channel strip layout settings stored? Searched the registry

Contributor - Level 2
Hello all,

I'm using M32 Edit to interface to my Midas M32 (again coming from SAC) and I noticed that M32 Edit is a stand alone piece of software (no installer required - which is great). I also noticed that I can do some 'offline' editing of routing and some settings which also is awesome.
I have been editing the layout of the channel strips (removing, adding and moving around) for each of the 'buttons' on the left side of the editor. It seems that M32 edit 'recalls' the last known channel strip layout for the computer that it is launched from.

It doesn't appear to touch the registry (which is great).

Does anyone know where M32 edit stores it's settings for the channel strip layout?
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3

Re: M32 Edit - Where are the channel strip layout settings stored? Searched the registry

Contributor - Level 2
I think I found it.

On my Windows 7 Enterprise machine it seems to read and write to:

C:\Users\ ........ \AppData\Roaming\M32-Edit

There are three files in this folder:

M32Edit.init
M32Edit.keys
M32Edit.prefs

Init appears to be data that represents the last scene opened in M32 Edit.
keys appears to be custom key mappings
prefs appears to contain the channel strip layout information.

I apologize for wasting everyone's time.

Re: M32 Edit - Where are the channel strip layout settings stored? Searched the registry

Contributor - Level 3
Waldy Duester;158741 wrote:
I think I found it.

On my Windows 7 Enterprise machine it seems to read and write to:

C:\Users\ ........ \AppData\Roaming\M32-Edit

There are three files in this folder:

M32Edit.init
M32Edit.keys
M32Edit.prefs

Init appears to be data that represents the last scene opened in M32 Edit.
keys appears to be custom key mappings
prefs appears to contain the channel strip layout information.

I apologize for wasting everyone's time.

I appreciate the information, not a waste of time.

Contributor - Level 2
Just some further information about these files:

1) They are updated/written when you exit M32-Edit. That's when any changes are captured.
2) The init file contains the 'scene state' that was present when M32-Edit was closed/exited. It also contains 307 more lines of information than what is saved in a SCN file.
3) The keys file is definitely the storage of user customized shortcut keys
4) The prefs file is the graphical user interface settings at the moment M32-Edit is closed.

I was looking for this information because our volunteers may want to adjust the GUI layout for their own prefs and I noticed that the GUI layout changes were not being saved with a SCN file.
I needed a way to SAVE the SCN and the GUI layout for future recall in case the GUI layout was changed by an end user.
Now we all know where this is stored so we can make backup copies of the GUI prefs in case we need them.
Conversation Stats
  • Replies
  • Views
  • Kudos Given
  • Contributors