Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

M32/Reaper Assign Control

Not sure if this is meant for the MGC forum or the Reaper forum. Does anyone have experience using the M32/X32 to control reaper via the assign section. Right now I have a encoder assigned to the jog wheel and a button for play but I'm not sure what #'s 1-8 can be used for. It looks like you have two different options depending on if your assigning a encoder vs a button.I imagine I need them to assign them in Reaper but I have no idea what or where. Suggestions?
Tags (1)
KyleSpradling Contributor - Level 2 2017-05-09

2017-05-09

M32/Reaper Assign Control

Not sure if this is meant for the MGC forum or the Reaper forum. Does anyone have experience using the M32/X32 to control reaper via the assign section. Right now I have a encoder assigned to the jog wheel and a button for play but I'm not sure what #'s 1-8 can be used for. It looks like you have two different options depending on if your assigning a encoder vs a button.I imagine I need them to assign them in Reaper but I have no idea what or where. Suggestions?

Contributor - Level 1

Reaper Assign

Hi,
I have made given a detailed reply to you on this topic but it does not seem to have been posted.

You can assign the buttons using the Reaper Assign lists but for some reason you cannot seem to assign the encoders.

I an loath to post a detailed response in case it is not posted again.
I am not sure what the functions for remote assign on the encoders are but would like to know if anyone outthere has any ideas.

If my reply gets posted and you are interested in a detailed response let me know.