Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

M32 Routing etc

Hi,
I love the sound of my new M32! Smiley Happy but still having some problems understanding the internal routing pages.

1. I'm running M32 with 2 x DL16 on stage and a Mac connected to the DN32 output. When running a live show, I would like to make a live recording of the show, but pre EQ/Dyn/Faders etc. Afterwards I hope I can then use the recordings for later playback/soundchecks and training. How to change the type of output sent to the DN32?

2. I'm used to route drums to subgroup and insert compressor on that group. I need the 2 groups for possible panning option, and then routing that subgroup to LR output. How can this be set up? Cant find the option of selecting subgroup out to LR bus.

3. I don't find where to route signals to Matrix buses. Any help here?
Tags (1)
GunvarØsthus Contributor - Level 2 2015-10-21

2015-10-21

M32 Routing etc

Hi,
I love the sound of my new M32! Smiley Happy but still having some problems understanding the internal routing pages.

1. I'm running M32 with 2 x DL16 on stage and a Mac connected to the DN32 output. When running a live show, I would like to make a live recording of the show, but pre EQ/Dyn/Faders etc. Afterwards I hope I can then use the recordings for later playback/soundchecks and training. How to change the type of output sent to the DN32?

2. I'm used to route drums to subgroup and insert compressor on that group. I need the 2 groups for possible panning option, and then routing that subgroup to LR output. How can this be set up? Cant find the option of selecting subgroup out to LR bus.

• 0 Kudos
  • 4 Replies
Triber Contributor

Re: M32 Routing etc

Gunvar Østhus;61614 wrote:

By default, the ‘Local' signals feeding the Card Out tab is tapped Pre EQ/Dynamics/Faders. Within ROUTING / Card Out, what do you have selected?

By changing a MixBus (or stereo-linked Mixbuses) to Sub Group, the Channel’s Pan assignment will also Pan within the Sub Group. Also, you can insert an external Compressor on that Sub Group, which can then route to the Main L/R. Select the Sub Group, and press the ‘MAIN STEREO’ button. Let me know if you’d like more details.

Matrices can receive signal from MixBuses, Sub Groups, Main Stereo Bus, and the Mono Bus. If you Select MixBus 1, for example, then press the VIEW button within BUS SENDS you will see 6 buses on screen instead of sixteen, which are the 6 Matrices. You can use the Bus Send encoders or the encoders under the screen to send to them.

Note that Matrices don’t have default Outputs, so you’ll need to go to ROUTING / Outputs 1-16 to configure them.
Chase McKnight | Solutions Manager, Music Tribe If you found my post helpful, go ahead and give kudos or mark it as a solution! Community Guidelines | FAQs
Contributor - Level 2

Thank you for good answers! I finally figured it out!

BR
Gunvar Ø
Contributor - Level 1

M32 DL16 bus returns

We are using a M32 and DL16 in a video production studio. We are using DL16 channels 1-8 for mics and the rest of the M32 channels use local inputs for decks, etc. Bus returns through the snake only return the mics and not the other channels. We can see levels on the busses for all inputs, but only channels 1-8 are audible when monitoring through the DL16. Any ideas?
Contributor - Level 1

So for example you had
Matrix 1 (MainL)-> Output 15 
Matrix 2 (MainR)-> Output 16
Matrix 3 (Subs)-> Output 14
Channel-> Mixbus-> Subgroup-> Matrix-> Outputs

DCA control Subgroups and MainLR and MC contol Output signal?

Is the MC and MainLR still master for the matrixes?