Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

M32 click audio problem

Our church just purchased a M32 with 1 DL16 for our wireless mics and we are using a dante card that is mapped to our amp that has a dante card. We also use a behringer s16 as a stage box for our band and will be swapping it out with a DL16 soon. Everything is working but we have a weird click sound anytime music is introduced into the system. I've tried different audio sources and stage boxes...keyboard, computer audio and aux directly into the mixer from an iPhone. Anytime the music is stopped or it comes to the end of a song, the click disappears. As soon as we re-introduce any sound we get this clicking sound, almost like a metronome click. We are current on firmware 2.10 on the M32. We were using the same set up with a Beheringer X32 with the exception of 2 s16s and the dante card and no problems or click sounds. Any help would be appreciated!
Tags (1)
GregWarren Contributor - Level 2 2015-02-13

2015-02-13

M32 click audio problem

Our church just purchased a M32 with 1 DL16 for our wireless mics and we are using a dante card that is mapped to our amp that has a dante card. We also use a behringer s16 as a stage box for our band and will be swapping it out with a DL16 soon. Everything is working but we have a weird click sound anytime music is introduced into the system. I've tried different audio sources and stage boxes...keyboard, computer audio and aux directly into the mixer from an iPhone. Anytime the music is stopped or it comes to the end of a song, the click disappears. As soon as we re-introduce any sound we get this clicking sound, almost like a metronome click. We are current on firmware 2.10 on the M32. We were using the same set up with a Beheringer X32 with the exception of 2 s16s and the dante card and no problems or click sounds. Any help would be appreciated!

• 0 Kudos
  • 7 Replies
Volunteer Moderator

Re: M32 click audio problem

Hi Greg, are you playing the music through the USB player? If so make sure the sample rate of the wav files are identical to what the M32 is set at (eg. 48K)

:edit: This may not be the issue, but worth checking

Paul
Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator. Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!
Contributor - Level 2

Not using the usb for playback...I have everything set at 48k...click..click...click
Contributor - Level 2

Greg,
Your post just got me nervous--I have two DL16s on order and plan to use them with my X32s until I purchase an M32!

Just a few quick thoughts. When you solo the M32 outputs & listen on headphones, is the "click . . . click . . . click . . . " still there? Can you hear it on the inputs via headphone solo? Finally, with the S16 not connected is the clicking sound still there?

Tony Martin
Volunteer Moderator

Who becomes the master?

Is the m32 clock option set to card and not local?
Robert Lofgren | Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos and/or mark it as a solution!
Contributor - Level 2

Tony...I have not listened on the headphones...will do so and repost and will also try without the the S16. Robert...I cannot remember if the clock is set to card or local. I'll check and re-post. When I set up the dante mapping using the Audinate software, it set the amp as the master. Thanks for your suggestions.
Contributor - Level 2

SOLVED! In my set up, my sample rate was correct (48k) on the M32 and stage boxes but the synchronization was set to internal instead of Expansion card on the M32. No more click...click...click. Robert..thanks for leading me to the right area!
Triber Contributor

Glad to hear, Greg!
Chase McKnight | Solutions Manager, Music Tribe If you found my post helpful, go ahead and give kudos or mark it as a solution! Community Guidelines | FAQs