Highlighted

M32Edit: Is it possible to program a fade time when changing scenes or snippets

Contributor - Level 2

I've been running M32 Edit with a M32 mixer for about 6 months and one thing that I find wholly lacking in the M32 and/or M32 Edit scene/snippet loading process the ability to program a fade in or fade out function in the channel faders rather than have an abrupt cut out/cut in when a scene changes.

How would you guys recommend being able to program something like a 2 to 5 second fade into a scene or snippet load?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: M32Edit: Is it possible to program a fade time when changing scenes or snippets

Super Contributor - Level 2

@WDuester 

I don't know any way to perform a fade directly on an M32 or with M32 Edit but it can be achieved using third-party programs. Have a look at X32 Fade by @PatrickGMaillot .

Re: M32Edit: Is it possible to program a fade time when changing scenes or snippets

Volunteer Moderator

Hi Waldy @WDuester,

The OSC protocol (which the X32/M32) is based on is not time-based. Therefore time-based functionality such as fades, etc. are not possible with scenes or snippets. @RexBeckett suggested Patrick's excellent tool X32Fade. Another option is to use Live Toolbox with its fade and xfade (crossfade) tidbit commands. 

Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator

Contributor - Level 2

Thanks for the replies guys.  I'll check into the options that you suggested and see if that would work for what I'm trying to achieve.