Mixing

This page is dedicated to the art of mixing. Join other producers and recording engineers and discuss mixing techniques, your favorite software, equipment and more!

Highlighted

M32R Rack Mount

Contributor - Level 2
Just got this mixer and cannot find anything about how to mount the rack ears to the console. None of the holes on the mixer line up with the holes in the brackets. There is nothing in the manual. Why would they want to make this such a mystery?
Have a better day.
Tags (2)
5 REPLIES 5

Re: M32R Rack Mount

Super Contributor - Level 1
Hi Larry, not sure but on several other mixer models, you first have to remove the present side panels. I don't own one of these (wish I did) so I am not saying this is how for sure but rather just a suggestion.

Correct Gary!

Contributor - Level 2
The problem I faced is that the mixer was too tall for my OSP case. The top would not fit on the case, top of mixer hit lid. I ended up placing the mixer on a shelf lower and then the top would fit. Just a thought if you run in to similar problems.

Still no answer.

Contributor - Level 2
Why does it not clearly state SOMEWHERE that you must take the side panels off???? That is ridiculous. Why call it a M32R? They put brackets in the box with the mixer, BUT there is no place on the sides of the mixer where the brackets would screw on. You may as well call it a M32 Compact. Just stupid. Not the way I wanted this new relationship to start out.
Have a better day.

Re: M32R Rack Mount

Super Contributor - Level 1
I'd say it's a good thing you get to remove them, because when you want them back on someday, or you sell it, they will still be all bright and shiney looking instead of all scratched up and dirty from case rash. I have an old DDX32 and had to do that with them (same deal with removing side panels) and the replaced side panels today still look great. FWIW...

Re: Still no answer.

Contributor - Level 2
Just in case any one else is looking for an answer you MUST take the side panels off to mount the brackets.
Have a better day.
Conversation Stats
  • Replies
  • Views
  • Kudos Given
  • Contributors