Highlighted

MR18 Network Question

Contributor - Level 2
I have recently purchased an MR18 mixer and have been watching YouTube videos to better understand how to connect an iPad and mac book to the MR18. I have decided to use a Netgear N600 router connected to the Ethernet port. I have that working wireless with both mac book and iPad. One of the YouTube videos showed a configuration showing a network switch connected to the MR18 and then the mac book and router connected to the switch. Is there anyway to just connected the router to the MR18 and the mac book to one of the router ports?
Thanks for any advice.
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3

Re: MR18 Network Question

Volunteer Moderator
Steve Burks;157716 wrote:
Is there anyway to just connected the router to the MR18 and the mac book to one of the router ports?

Hi Steve,

Welcome to the forum. Yes that router has a 4 port switch built into it. Simply plug the MacBook into one of the ports (not they WAN yellow port).
Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator

Re: MR18 Network Question

Contributor - Level 2
Paul Vannatto;157720 wrote:
Hi Steve,

Welcome to the forum. Yes that router has a 4 port switch built into it. Simply plug the MacBook into one of the ports (not they WAN yellow port).


Thanks Paul. I couldn’t understand the advantage unless it was to completely create two separate connections to the mixer’s Ethernet port.

Re: MR18 Network Question

Volunteer Moderator
Steve Burks;157735 wrote:
I couldn’t understand the advantage unless it was to completely create two separate connections to the mixer’s Ethernet port.

It could be because they needed to connect more ethernet devices to the MR18, such as a laptop, Raspberry Pi, X-Touch, etc. Since you shouldn't use the WAN port (I put electrical tape over mine) and one port is needed for the console, that only leaves 3 additional ports for control devices. Adding a switch expands the port numbers.
Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator