andyp13 Contributor - Level 2 2017-02-05

2017-02-05

Master mute

Is there a master mute on the X32 rack? I was hoping it would be some kind of switch/button on the front panel but unfortunately there isn't. I have an X-Touch (the big one) with that I can select mute on individual channels but there dosent seem to be a master mute -
Can anyone help?

• 0 Kudos
  • 24 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Re: Master mute

Andy Power;94472 wrote:
After I set up the levels etc for the band I was just wanting a master mute that would mute everything - on my old desk I had a mute on the master so I could cut everything etc....
I will figure out how to do it on my X-Touch - unless someone already knows Smiley Tongue

I think it is the big one labled "Power"
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Assigning all your channels to a single mute group is probably the easiest way to go. Keep in mind you can assign channels to multiple mute groups, so this doesn't mean you can't have other mute selections set up for performance use as well.
Contributor - Level 2

I believe he is refering to the LR, since he said something about an analog desk he has.... man, you have two buttons on the rack at your left hand.."solo" and "mute", right? ..right.. now, above them buttons you have a knob with a push function that has a two element led numeric display above it. Rotate that knob clockwise until the little led display reads " Lr " and push the knob...now, you can use the mute button located below it and mute your so called master.... the x32 rack has such an intuitive layout.... damn..
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 3

But the OP is trying to mute the Main outs from an X-Touch which doesn't have a Mute button for the Main L/R Output.
Highlighted
Volunteer Moderator

Richard YClark;94655 wrote:
But the OP is trying to mute the Main outs from an X-Touch which doesn't have a Mute button for the Main L/R Output.

On the fourth fader bank there is a full 'main' channel strip including the mute button.
Robert Lofgren | Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos and/or mark it as a solution!
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Richard YClark thanks for the reminder, but I replied for his first part of the question, which was :

" Is there a master mute on the X32 rack? I was hoping it would be some kind of switch/button on the front panel but unfortunately there isn't "
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 3

Sorry. My bad. You are quite right. We had been so busy discussing the X-Touch that I had missed that little bit in the first post.
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Thanks for the help guys, I didn't realise that you could select LR from the left rotary encoder. Most of my problems are due to a lack of a dedicated manual.... The WIKI is good but I do find it a little too 'busy' to be able to read like a dedicated manual (which should be supplied with the x32).
I would ultimately like to select it from the X-Touch though as I have it wirlesly setup at the back of the room. Can it be done.
Mesa boogie MK1 & MKV combos, MKV head & 2x12 cab. Gibson 335 (vintage) fender strats (60, 85) GS, Xotic pedals. Gibson 175, Howard Roberts fusion, Les Paul.
Highlighted
Rock Star - Level 2

Andy Power;95017 wrote:
Thanks for the help guys, I didn't realise that you could select LR from the left rotary encoder. Most of my problems are due to a lack of a dedicated manual.... The WIKI is good but I do find it a little too 'busy' to be able to read like a dedicated manual (which should be supplied with the x32).
I would ultimately like to select it from the X-Touch though as I have it wirlesly setup at the back of the room. Can it be done.

Manual: https://media.music-group.com/media/PLM/data/docs/P0AWN/X32-RACK_M_EN.pdf

The Wiki will be more up to date though.

As far as "it" is concerned, assuming LR fader? If so, on the X-Touch, just keep hitting the left hand fader bank key until you get to the last bank with LR and M/C on fader 7/8, it can be muted from there.
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Found the LR master mute (bit of a pain to get to it though).
What I would really like to do is -
Mute ALL my channels except the two phono inputs for music playback) with one button on my X-Touch - is this possible?
Mesa boogie MK1 & MKV combos, MKV head & 2x12 cab. Gibson 335 (vintage) fender strats (60, 85) GS, Xotic pedals. Gibson 175, Howard Roberts fusion, Les Paul.