Contributor - Level 1

Midas F16R. How to route multichannel audio from computer/DAW to 8 speakers?

I have a question regarding the Midas f16R Mixer/Interface, if anyone who has one could advise me?

Perhaps I am wring see, but I understand that I can also get 16 outputs from it to stream multichannel audio from my computer over firewire. So, if I wanted to connect 8 studio monitors for an 8 channel surround sound installation, how would I go about routing this on the f16R?

I am looking at the manual in font of me and I don't really get it. I am used to mixers to a degree, but I have never dealt with anything with such complex routing before, so any help here would be much appreciated!

Thanks!
Tags (1)
MartinCrowley Contributor - Level 1 2017-05-17

2017-05-17

Midas F16R. How to route multichannel audio from computer/DAW to 8 speakers?

I have a question regarding the Midas f16R Mixer/Interface, if anyone who has one could advise me?

Perhaps I am wring see, but I understand that I can also get 16 outputs from it to stream multichannel audio from my computer over firewire. So, if I wanted to connect 8 studio monitors for an 8 channel surround sound installation, how would I go about routing this on the f16R?

I am looking at the manual in font of me and I don't really get it. I am used to mixers to a degree, but I have never dealt with anything with such complex routing before, so any help here would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

• 0 Kudos
  • 0 Replies