Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Midas M32 losing connection with DL16 stage boxes or Dante?

I'm having a weird problem that has started last night at our church. We use a Midas M32 with a DL16 and a Behringer S16. The M32 is connected to our Amp by way of Dante cards on both the M32 and amp. My start up and power procedure is M32>DL16>S16>Amp. I use shielded cat 5e cable with ethercon connectors for all connections with the exception of the dante cards. What happens after boot up is that the board shows all connections are on and then, boom, it completely loses connection and will regain and show the connection on the mixer screen but sometimes we get no sound. Sometimes after the connection loss, it will regain connection and work normally. I'm including a link to watch the progress. The Audinate software chose the amp to be the master but I'm wondering if the M32 should be master but maybe it's not that at all. Any help is appreciated.

https://copy.com/ZjuE3dPv2AYfmu27
Tags (1)
GregWarren Contributor - Level 2 2015-02-26

2015-02-26

Midas M32 losing connection with DL16 stage boxes or Dante?

I'm having a weird problem that has started last night at our church. We use a Midas M32 with a DL16 and a Behringer S16. The M32 is connected to our Amp by way of Dante cards on both the M32 and amp. My start up and power procedure is M32>DL16>S16>Amp. I use shielded cat 5e cable with ethercon connectors for all connections with the exception of the dante cards. What happens after boot up is that the board shows all connections are on and then, boom, it completely loses connection and will regain and show the connection on the mixer screen but sometimes we get no sound. Sometimes after the connection loss, it will regain connection and work normally. I'm including a link to watch the progress. The Audinate software chose the amp to be the master but I'm wondering if the M32 should be master but maybe it's not that at all. Any help is appreciated.

https://copy.com/ZjuE3dPv2AYfmu27

• 0 Kudos
  • 5 Replies
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Midas M32 losing connection with DL16 stage boxes or Dante?

Verify that the card samplerate 48k matches the rest of your system. There is no sample rate converter builtin.

As you suggested, verify with the m32 as mater Dante and also that card is master clock for x32.
Robert Lofgren | Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos and/or mark it as a solution!
Contributor - Level 2

Robert...everything is set at 48k...dante cards on M32 and Bose Amp. DL16 and S16 set to 48k. It seems like this disconnection happens when the Amp starts up. As I stated earlier, the audinate software chose the amp as the master but I'm now wondering if the M32 should.
Volunteer Moderator

Yes, you can setup in the Dante controller software that the m32 is the prefered master.
Robert Lofgren | Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos and/or mark it as a solution!
Volunteer Moderator

Btw, the Dante controller software have some logging and troubleshooting functionality.
Contributor - Level 2

I'm seeing a firmware upgrade for the S16 that was released in Dec. of 2014 that pertains to the dante network. I'm not seeing this on the DL16. Should I try to upgrade the DL16?