Mixing

This page is dedicated to the art of mixing. Join other producers and recording engineers and discuss mixing techniques, your favorite software, equipment and more!

Highlighted

New X32 Rack went south in two hours.

Contributor - Level 2
Got my brand new X32 Rack today, , updated FW from 3.08 to 3.09 put a new never used/used X-dante card in it and couldn't get X-edit to see it or connect, it showed in the display, and Dante Via,,, I thought Id mess with it when I got back from the store, about an hour later, and I thought TMS, That's funny I didn't turn that new X32 off...? It was blank, so I repowered it and it just flashes,, tried a fresh FW update, the USB button just made it flash faster until released. So I thought, just for check this xdante card , I'd put it in my other X32 Rack, so I took my brend new xdante card out off my older X32, and put this never used/used one in,,, and nothing /same thing with xedit, searching,,,, it shows in the LCD, I updated the FW to the card, no problem there, but still no go, so I put my brand spanking new--er dante back in my older X32, Dante Via see it, xedit doesn't /same thing, no connect, just stays on searching. I put one of my X-USB's in and no go (and I'm not Hot swopping any off these) so now I have a brand new flashing X32 and an older one that wont detect any cards, or connect. So does anyone have a clue? I've also tried it on 2 other PC's. And I have an Rednet Pcie coming, so I'm screwed.
Tags (1)
22 REPLIES

Re: New X32 Rack went south in two hours.

Super Contributor - Level 1
I had an issue with my friends X-Live card on install and it turned out to be the version of X32-Edit. It kept saying the X-Live was XMadi!! All firmware was the latest but his version of X32 Edit was not...a long shot but...Also the Dante controller software is up to date? I seem to recall there is an issue with which Dante software is active, Via or? I also was once in firmware hell with my rack and had to reinstall it to get the Rack to work at all. Maybe go back to 3.08, 3.09 is only an update for using a specific newer K/T card

Contributor - Level 2
Gary Higgins;153925 wrote:
I had an issue with my friends X-Live card on install and it turned out to be the version of X32-Edit. It kept saying the X-Live was XMadi!! All firmware was the latest but his version of X32 Edit was not...a long shot but...Also the Dante controller software is up to date? I seem to recall there is an issue with which Dante software is active, Via or? I also was once in firmware hell with my rack and had to reinstall it to get the Rack to work at all. Maybe go back to 3.08, 3.09 is only an update for using a specific newer K/T card

But all works with WiFi just fine, Plus I never had any issues with my older X32, until I put this card in it. I'm waiting to hear something from the seller, about this new X32,,,, Man what a pisser! Makes me wounder if the new X32 taking a crap, may have done something to the dante card, that could have passed it on to the other X32? I was gone for an hour, and couldn't say what all this new X32 could have been doing, as in freaking out.....? I'll try my X32 Producer when I go to my studio, but if it works, then I'll be afraid to use any of these cards in it. Did even of this make sense? I was having trouble with DVS, but that was before any of this happened. I remove all dante software, DVS and X-edit Did Not Work together, it wanted to peg VU's in xedit while running any DAW, Plus no playback through the X32. And if that wasn't enough,,,Well, look where I'm at now Smiley Sad

Contributor - Level 2
Gary Higgins;153925 wrote:

"I seem to recall there is an issue with which Dante software is active, Via or?"
I did the trail, just using/messing around with Dante Via, hadn't messed with DVS. My trail was up, so I purchased the combo pack, anyway I did notice the//all the dante software just seems to take over. Where can I find an older version of Xedit, and can I downgrade FW? OK, I just downgraded to 3.08 and that didn't help, also tried x32 edit 3.1, ,,, nothing helped there either.

Jyrred Cook;153935 wrote:
"I seem to recall there is an issue with which Dante software is active, Via or?"
I did the trail, just using/messing around with Dante Via, hadn't messed with DVS. My trail was up, so I purchased the combo pack, anyway I did notice the//all the dante software just seems to take over. Where can I find an older version of Xedit, and can I downgrade FW? OK, I just downgraded to 3.08 and that didn't help, also tried x32 edit 3.1, ,,, nothing helped there either.

What I meant was, only one Dante device can be active at one time, either Via or DVS (I think). It's been a while for me as my Dante card has been out of that machine, replaced by an X-Live for the time being. Another thing as I recall, the mixer clock has to be set for exp card. I'm out of ideas here beyond that. It may be time for a "Care" call.

Contributor - Level 2
Gary Higgins;153979 wrote:
What I meant was, only one Dante device can be active at one time, either Via or DVS (I think). It's been a while for me as my Dante card has been out of that machine, replaced by an X-Live for the time being. Another thing as I recall, the mixer clock has to be set for exp card. I'm out of ideas here beyond that. It may be time for a "Care" call.

What get's me though Gary, is I cant get X32edit to detect any cards, via USB, on any system, (without Dante software) But X32editt just stay on searching as long as/forever) I'm using an Ethernet Connection, form PC to X32 and that works with all my cards, and also, my USB's connect to everything but x32edit and I've tried different versions, and FW . I've ran USB test software, they show card ID and all that. I guess I'll figure a way to use a switch on the Ethernet/Remote, so I can use WiFi . I wish I had access to schematics and a tech.....! If I ever get time, I may put a new PS in, I have one as to fall back on. (just to see if maybe?) Also, I'm shipping the faulty new X32 back today. That really suck's, and the way the shipping box looked, it had been handled rough...,FedEx..M....F....er's. Anyway, all was good until I got that.

The USB to PC business sounds a bit like a driver issue. For a USB card anyway...reinstall the current driver maybe?

Contributor - Level 2
Gary Higgins;153995 wrote:
The USB to PC business sounds a bit like a driver issue. For a USB card anyway...reinstall the current driver maybe?

I did all that. I'm maybe that when that New X32R took a crap, it could have spiked on something with that Xdante card, it may have done something to the card, and I took my good working card out of my older X32R and put that one in, and it may have done something to the buss, on my oler X32,? because, every card I had, worked in my older rack, and I had not changed a thing on it. You know what I mean? I don't know if a virus could have be on that card....? but I think downgrading FW on my older X32 and upgrading back, would do something. and it could be a solder joint that was ready to go on the connector inside.. Sure would be a lot off "taking apart just to check that Smiley Sad I'm going to try another pc, I tried about 5 cable's , 3 system's. I don't know...Damn it. Thanks for help though, Gary.

This has been spinning around the back burner now for a few days. So just to be clear, you put the old usb card back in your older Rack and it now can't be detected? In X32-Edit OR on the Rack itself or both? In other words on the Rack setup global screen, at the top, you don't see a 'green' usb (or Dante) listed for card?...or is it X32 Edit that can't see any card? When you say Edit searches and searches (searching as long as/forever) seems like more of a network issue when I think more about it-did your network Rack settings get reset somehow?

Contributor - Level 2
Gary Higgins;154078 wrote:
This has been spinning around the back burner now for a few days. So just to be clear, you put the old usb card back in your older Rack and it now can't be detected? In X32-Edit OR on the Rack itself or both? In other words on the Rack setup global screen, at the top, you don't see a 'green' usb (or Dante) listed for card?...or is it X32 Edit that can't see any card? When you say Edit searches and searches (searching as long as/forever) seems like more of a network issue when I think more about it-did your network Rack settings get reset somehow?

Yes I put the dante card in my old rack, that was working fine with the dante card I'd just took out of it, then I tried all my other cards ,x-live ,x-usb and none would detect in x32edit. everything shows in the rack, card's, I can connect with Ethernet cable to remote port, or WiFi, in 32edit and cards show. Now USB will connect with cards and I can use my Daw's or use dante via, but no x32 edit,,,,it just keeps searching. I tried on 4 PC's . All was good until I put that one x-dante card in,,,,, but "IT" also works with Daw's and dante via, and It can take FW,etc, So yes all cars show in the X32 Rack. I've tried x32 edit 2.5, 3.0, 3.1, 3.2, and all the FW 3.07, 3.08, 3.09. I was using 3.09 just fine, for weeks before this happened. I've tried other driver's also. half a dozen cables, tried everything I can think of. I'm using Win 7 pro, I've tried on a Surface Pro 4 windows 10, it detects usb but not in x32 edit. my cisco sg-300 works with dante, and always had. X32 edit will pick up the ip, when I set it on the x32. don't know what else to tell you.
other than thanks for trying to help.
Conversation Stats
  • Replies
  • Views
  • Kudos Given
  • Contributors