Contributor - Level 1

P16-M balanced or unbalanced output?

Hey guys,

I'm buying some IEM systems and want to use them together with the S16 in a rack.
Also I want to control the IEM output with my P16-M.

So I think I need two cables. One for the Ultranet and one backward channel from the mono output jack of the P16M (6,3mm jack to a male xlr).

So my question is. Is the output signal of the P16M at the eft output jack a balanced?
Does it make a difference at about 30ft cable length concerning interferences?
FrankLehmann Contributor - Level 1 2015-01-23

2015-01-23

P16-M balanced or unbalanced output?

Hey guys,

I'm buying some IEM systems and want to use them together with the S16 in a rack.
Also I want to control the IEM output with my P16-M.

So I think I need two cables. One for the Ultranet and one backward channel from the mono output jack of the P16M (6,3mm jack to a male xlr).

So my question is. Is the output signal of the P16M at the eft output jack a balanced?
Does it make a difference at about 30ft cable length concerning interferences?

• 0 Kudos
  • 2 Replies
Highlighted
Volunteer Moderator

Re: P16-M balanced or unbalanced output?

The outputs are unbalanced.

As this is line level signals you don't have to worry about interference by not having balanced signals.
Robert Lofgren | Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos and/or mark it as a solution!
Highlighted
Super Contributor - Level 2

Re: P16-M balanced or unbalanced output?

Robert Lofgren;39016 wrote:
The outputs are unbalanced.

As this is line level signals you don't have to worry about interference by not having balanced signals.

That depends on the environment, but in general you are likely correct. (Once had no choice but to route unbalanced line level across lighting power lines. Had hellish noise. Solved it by lifting the cables a meter above the lighting lines.)
Indianapolis, IN