Contributor - Level 2

Poll: X32 Full Console Official Alias

Contributor - Level 2

Re: Poll: X32 Full Console Official Alias

My choice: X32

It's not in the list!!!!
Contributor - Level 2

I find that I dont need a name for it other than "X32". All the other versions already differentiate between them so to me, default X32 refers to the original.
Contributor - Level 2

+1 on "X32"
Contributor - Level 2

Agree on just the x32.

Dare I say this is a dumb poll if the original name x32 doesn't exist here.
Contributor - Level 2

Contributor - Level 2

Do you want to add to voting:

X32 Flagship

(I have heard Behringer employees use that term to clarify they are referring only to X32 Full console).

I would bet that Big Boy and Grand are never going to "catch on" at all.
Volunteer Moderator

I just want to say thanks to Jason for creating this poll. I asked for it and he made an effort to create it. Does it include everything or is it perfect? Not necessarily - but it is a start. So if darts need to be thrown, send them my way.

We all come from diverse backgrounds, regions, cultures, languages, strata, experiences, etc. This should enhance our community, not divide it. But we need a common terminology basis that each of us understand in order to be on the same page, so to speak.

The motivation for this poll is to get a reference clarity of the first X32 product relative to the more recently launched variations, as well as the overall platform naming convention. This becomes more important and this forum grows and matures. We now have over 3400 members with nearly 600 active members, which is triple from this time last year. I anticipate that growth will continue as word gets out that this is the place to learn and get answers for all Behringer products, etc.

I would suggest that we refine this poll, rather than scrap it. Jason, are you able to edit the poll? If not, I just found out that I have that ability. There are a maximum of 7 choices available. If we could come up with an acceptable 7 choices, we could move forward in finding the best name/alias. If there is a general consensus to include the "X32" name as an option, I don't see why not (even though I find that confusing).

The results of this poll will be presented to Behringer at our monthly meeting. I think this can be a beginning of a mechanism for providing forum insights on more of a formal method. Be assured that they are listening to us and relying on us for input and ideas. The challenge is to compile that general consensus from such a diverse membership.

Paul
Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator. Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!
Contributor - Level 2

I'm game. Of the list so far, I choose "full".
But how about these:
X32 Prime
X32 Premier
X32 XL
X32 Extreme
X32 GB (for "great big")
X32 Mother
X32 Pro
X32 EX
X32 4025 (for 40 inputs, 25 faders)

Of these, I think I prefer the X32 XL. Though "mother" also has a nice ring. Smiley Happy
Contributor - Level 2

Doug Alexander;17943 wrote:
Do you want to add to voting:

X32 Flagship

(I have heard Behringer employees use that term to clarify they are referring only to X32 Full console).

I would bet that Big Boy and Grand are never going to "catch on" at all.

Please read the title of the poll. "Which should be the OFFICIAL Name for the original x32". Maybe you missed the word official.

The funny thing is that the tittle calls it the "original x32", and that's not even in the list.

I'm still for just calling it simply the "X32". Look at the iPhone from original through 5s thy are all iPhones. Because one replaced the next. The next original x32, if it replaces the current one, should still be called an x32. But with the iPad it different. The iPad is an iPad. The iPad mini is called an iPad mini. It's a total redesign but still an iPad. Just as the compact, the producer, the rack, and the core are a total redesign but still an x32. When they came out with the mini they didn't call the iPads an ipad large, iPad full, iPad big boy, iPad grand etc. They just call it an iPad. Same as the original x32 should be called an x32.