Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Possible to play virtual instruments through XR18 from USB connection of my laptop?

I play keyboard and exclusively use virtual instruments when I have live gigs. Is it possible to hook my laptop to and XR18 via USB and play the virtual instruments using the XR18's D/A to any outputs (main or monitor) I wish along with the rest of my band's mix?
MikeWojnar Contributor - Level 2 2017-03-16

2017-03-16

Possible to play virtual instruments through XR18 from USB connection of my laptop?

I play keyboard and exclusively use virtual instruments when I have live gigs. Is it possible to hook my laptop to and XR18 via USB and play the virtual instruments using the XR18's D/A to any outputs (main or monitor) I wish along with the rest of my band's mix?

• 0 Kudos
  • 2 Replies
Contributor - Level 3

Re: Possible to play virtual instruments through XR18 from USB connection of my laptop?

It is possible but may suffer from latency. Latency of the XR18's USB ASIO drivers is quite low so this will depend on the laptop and the software that you use to play the virtual instruments. Any latency may or may not be acceptable to you and the rest of the band.
Super Contributor - Level 2

Re: Possible to play virtual instruments through XR18 from USB connection of my laptop?

Once you have the driver installed in the computer, the XR18 should show up as a USB device in your software. Patch the software channels to the desired device (XR18) channels. Then select each of those channels on the XR18 and change the input to USB.

If I am wrong, one of the smarter folks here will correct me
Indianapolis, IN