Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Pre/Post Fader level display

Everywhere in the X32, the level display are always pre-fader (on the console led and on the IPAD app).

Would it be possible to have at least a general configuration option allowing to choose betwenn pre/post fader level display ?
Tags (1)
AndreRonkart Contributor - Level 2 2014-07-28

2014-07-28

Pre/Post Fader level display

Everywhere in the X32, the level display are always pre-fader (on the console led and on the IPAD app).

Would it be possible to have at least a general configuration option allowing to choose betwenn pre/post fader level display ?

• 0 Kudos
  • 30 Replies
Contributor - Level 2

Re: Pre/Post Fader level display

+1

I also would love to have the option to make at least all the channel meters to be post fader. The fader next to the gain knop can be pre-fader.

I'm using the X32 in a studio setup for EDM together with Ableton Live 9. All inputs are send through the DAW, I already can see there if something is clipping.

Also when setting the make-up gain for the compressor, you don't have a visual indication. You will have to jump between the home screen en compressor screen.
Contributor - Level 2

+1 more.

I like to start out pre-fader and move to post-fader after about a hour into the gig.
Contributor - Level 2

+1 let's have the option to meter both ways
Contributor - Level 3

Art Nadelman;29121 wrote:
+1 more.

I like to start out pre-fader and move to post-fader after about a hour into the gig.

Interesting, can you tell me why you're doing that, and why after an hour? I think I know but I wanted to hear it from you.
"Sometimes it's the people who no one imagines anything of, who do the things that no one can imagine"
Contributor - Level 2

Absolutely. No where in the X32 rack (that Im aware of) can you see if your channels are clipping post channel EQ. I worked around this by assigning channels post EQ pre fader in the P16 routing and looking at the P16 output on the meters page. There I can see clipping going on. Should be easier than this.
Contributor - Level 2

Karl Phillips;38529 wrote:
Absolutely. No where in the X32 rack (that Im aware of) can you see if your channels are clipping post channel EQ.

This is just because there can't be clipping.
Contributor - Level 2

Florian Gerstenlauer;38533 wrote:
This is just because there can't be clipping.

Explain. I sent a 80hz tone from the oscillator to a bus and put a +15db gain on it with the EQ. Even though the channel meter shows clipping it cant be heard. I also enabled the DYN just to use the gain function and you can really hear the distortion from clipping when the channel is soloed PFL. Disengage the solo and the distortion goes away even though the channel meter shows clipping.
Contributor - Level 3

Because all the internal processing is 40bit floating the signal cannot be clipped in the digital domain. The only clipping that you will hear is when a signal of more than 0dBFS hits the D/A converter that you are monitoring from.
Contributor - Level 2

This is a must. ASAP please.