Contributor - Level 3

SAFE ch and param snippet

hello,
is there a way to save SAFE flags into a snippet ?

thanks.
Tags (1)
SimoneGiusti Contributor - Level 3 2015-11-14

2015-11-14

SAFE ch and param snippet

hello,

thanks.

• 0 Kudos
  • 6 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 3

Re: SAFE ch and param snippet

In short you don't need to. A Snippet only saves the parameters you have selected to save. So everything not selected is safe anyway. Unlike a Scene which saves all parameters and therefore you have to disable what parameters you don't want to change when you load the Scene back.
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Simone Giusti;63064 wrote:
hello,

thanks.

To revive this, I would like to be able to use a snippet to remove the safes, load an initial scene, reapply a certain set of safes with a snippet, then be able to recall additional scenes with my safes in place. Is this possible?
Highlighted
Volunteer Moderator

Hi Dan,

Actually it is possible with a snippet. But it means that you will have to learn some OSC commands and edit the snippet file using a text editor or Scene Parser. The X32 snippet GUI is not able to do this type of programming. I would suggest you get a copy of Patrick's OSC doc (https://sites.google.com/site/patrickmaillot/x32) and have a look at the /-show commands (starting at page 40) for safes.
Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator. Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!
Highlighted
Volunteer Moderator

Hey Dan,

After rereading your requirements, there is an easier way to accomplish this. Scene 0 is not affected by any safes engaged. So you could import that initial scene to slot 0, then import the other scenes where desired, and finally apply the specific safes (wash my mouth out with soap - I hate safes).

An alternate of using safes is to build appropriate snippets with whatever you wanted safed simply removed from the snippet. You can parse out the necessary sections of a scene using Scene Parser (https://sourceforge.net/projects/x32sceneparser/). One caveat, the current version of Scene Parser (v 1.06) won't include the new OSC commands that were added to firmware 3.0. I'm hoping to have a update ready by early next week that will include these OSC command lines.
Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator. Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Paul,

Thanks for the information. I had already created two snippets to do this, and they didn't seem to be working. I was trying this in X-Edit 3. When I tried it in X-Edit 2.5, it works. I have posted about this in the bug report thread.

I have some multi day events with multiple bands, and will save a scene for a band as they play. I safe the output routing and house music playback so that later when that band plays again I can recall their scene and be ready for them with out dropping the house music. I wanted to disable the safes so that no matter what output configuration the console is in, the event start scene (with correct output routing) will overwrite what ever I used before. Then I can reapply the safes. I don't think scene 0 will help with that (unless I keep multiple scene 0s for different events).

Anyway, the snippets do seem to work. After I upgrade my consoles to 3.04 I will have to test that FW version.

- Dan
Highlighted
Volunteer Moderator

Hi Dan,

As far as I know nothing has changed from the OSC level in the new firmware, other than the added commands for the new features (automix, output inverts, etc.). I would try them again, or attach them here and I can try them for you.

As I mentioned before, there always is an alternative to safes (I avoid them like the plague). Consider making a snippet with the routing you don't want to change. Then load the band's scene and load your routing snippet over top. To me that is far more reliable than trying to safe a loading scene. If you think I'm an snippet evangelist -- I am Smiley Very Happy