Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Scene change

When changing from one scene to the next is there any dead air created? For example, if channel 1 is set to unity in scene 1 and it is also set to unity in scene, will channel 1 dip or drop out if in use while the scenes change?

Can any channels be made to be "safe" during a scene change?

Thanks
Tags (1)
DavidAllred Contributor - Level 2 2017-05-25

2017-05-25

Scene change

When changing from one scene to the next is there any dead air created? For example, if channel 1 is set to unity in scene 1 and it is also set to unity in scene, will channel 1 dip or drop out if in use while the scenes change?

Can any channels be made to be "safe" during a scene change?

Thanks

• 0 Kudos
  • 3 Replies
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Scene change

Yes, switching don't create audio dropouts like in the legacy studiolive mixers.

You don't mention what mixer but I think I saw your post on psw(?) and you have an xr18? When you recall a scene you can alter the scope to inhibit changes for certain parameters/channels.
Robert Lofgren | Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos and/or mark it as a solution!
Contributor - Level 2

Robert Lofgren;124419 wrote:
Yes, switching don't create audio dropouts like in the legacy studiolive mixers.

You don't mention what mixer but I think I saw your post on psw(?) and you have an xr18? When you recall a scene you can alter the scope to inhibit changes for certain parameters/channels.

Yes that was me. I don't have but am considering an XR18. Is that process documented?
Contributor - Level 3

Yes the X-Air and X32 mixers switch seamlessly between scenes providing there is no massive change in levels between them. Users even use scene changes to turn FX on and off during songs with no problems.