Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Switch to phones only and back

Hello. Got my new xr18 and all is great. Sound great and have usp sends and receives all working good to PC. I will use mainly at house for podcasts and recording and skype. I got the 18 because it had the full USB. Anyway, simple question. I flip back and forth a lot between mains (my Harman Kardon speaker) and headset for skype mix, cell mix, and quiet listening. However I can find no simple way to just shut off mains and leave the phones/monitor going. I can Mute the main mix and Solo the main channel, but that is not exactly right either and requires two steps. Is there a way to just mute the main outs and leave monitor going keeping levels the same? TIA
WilliamStacey Contributor - Level 2 2017-04-26

2017-04-26

Switch to phones only and back

Hello. Got my new xr18 and all is great. Sound great and have usp sends and receives all working good to PC. I will use mainly at house for podcasts and recording and skype. I got the 18 because it had the full USB. Anyway, simple question. I flip back and forth a lot between mains (my Harman Kardon speaker) and headset for skype mix, cell mix, and quiet listening. However I can find no simple way to just shut off mains and leave the phones/monitor going. I can Mute the main mix and Solo the main channel, but that is not exactly right either and requires two steps. Is there a way to just mute the main outs and leave monitor going keeping levels the same? TIA

Highlighted
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Switch to phones only and back

Sure. Go to the setup-->audio/midi and set monitor source to 'LR PFL'. This way the main fader will control your speaker outputs (xlr) while the headphone output will be unaffected by this and you can control its level by using the headphone level control.

This also leaves your solo for other sources...
Robert Lofgren | Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos and/or mark it as a solution!
Contributor - Level 2

Re: Switch to phones only and back

Robert Lofgren;122531 wrote:
Sure. Go to the setup-->audio/midi and set monitor source to 'LR PFL'. This way the main fader will control your speaker outputs (xlr) while the headphone output will be unaffected by this and you can control its level by using the headphone level control.

This also leaves your solo for other sources...

Sweet. Missed that one somehow. Will work great. Thank you Robert.
Highlighted
Super Contributor - Level 2

Setup->Monitor

On my version of X-Air the LR PFL is set in the "Monitor" tab of the setup screen.
Version 1.5
Logic Pro X 10.4.8, X-Touch 1.15, XR18 1.5, macOS 10.14.5|10.15.2