It'd be nice if there was a (toggleable) feature so when I change the gain, it automatically adjusts the fader and any pre-fade sends etc, such that the gain change has no effect on the final level.
It's pretty routine for my singers to mumble the soundcheck, I compensate for this but I don't always get it right so sometimes a mid-set gain change is required. I've also before had people hand a microphone off to someone else, which can sometimes require a massive gain change.
If there's no monitor send it's easy to change the gain without anyone noticing, but otherwise it's a right pain. Having the desk be able to automate it would be nice.
And while we're on that topic, it would be great if it could analyse the last few minutes of audio and give a suggested figure, and tell me how shoddy my gain staging is.
Robert Lofgren;74570 wrote:
Do we have access to the trim control in osc? Then it should only be a matter of trim the same amount that the ha-gain is tweaked.
Paul Vannatto;74573 wrote:
Not for the X-Air (according to the X-Air OSC Parameters 1.11.txt). For the X32, trim is available for "digital sources only" (according to Patrick's X32-OSC.pdf, page 19). I think the headamp gains are going to have to be what is adjusted.
Paul Vannatto;74521 wrote:
The way I see it, it could be accomplished as follows:
* Get the current fader levels before anything is adjusted and store in memory.
* Do the soundcheck, adjusting faders, etc.
* Get the new values of the fader levels.
* Convert both original and new fader levels to db and calculate the differences.
* Adjust the headamp gain levels in db to compensate for the fader level changes
* Adjust the gate and compression threshold values to compensate for the changes to the gains.
Enrico Sau;74774 wrote:
1) what if dynamics is switched on/off between the store operation and the gain adjustment?
2) what if there is any dynamics processing as insert in the channel or via bus or whatever?
Moreover I would apply the Reset action to the following:
Reset 1 master fader 1-16
Reset 1 bus 1 fader 1-16
Reset 1 bus 2 fader 1-16
Reset 1 bus 3 fader 1-16
Reset 1 bus 4 fader 1-16
Reset 1 bus 5 fader 1-16
Reset 1 bus 6 fader 1-16
Reset 1 effect send 1 fader 1-16
Reset 1 effect send 2 fader 1-16
Reset 1 effect send 3 fader 1-16
Reset 1 effect send 4 fader 1-16
Reset 1 gate 1-16
Reset 1 comp 1-16