Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

USB Returns From DAW Are STereo Mix Only

I have just taken delivery of an X18

I can record all 18 channels separately and simultaneously but the return back to the mixer is only a stereo mix instead of each individual channel. I can select channels 1/2, 3/4 etc to send the stereo mix to, but that is as far as it goes.

All channels on X Air Edit switched to USB
Windows 7
DAW: Mixcraft
Drivers: I have tried both 3.34 and 2.23. What is the difference? Either way, they both result in the problem described above.
Firmware: 1.15
AdrianJenkinson Contributor - Level 2 2017-04-27

2017-04-27

USB Returns From DAW Are STereo Mix Only

I can record all 18 channels separately and simultaneously but the return back to the mixer is only a stereo mix instead of each individual channel. I can select channels 1/2, 3/4 etc to send the stereo mix to, but that is as far as it goes.

All channels on X Air Edit switched to USB
Windows 7
DAW: Mixcraft
Drivers: I have tried both 3.34 and 2.23. What is the difference? Either way, they both result in the problem described above.
Firmware: 1.15

• 0 Kudos
  • 3 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Re: USB Returns From DAW Are STereo Mix Only

You have to define (route) in your DAW the outputs of your tracks to spcific USB outs.
These can be selected in the mixer if you change the inputs to the corespondening USB returns.

W/
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Thank you.

For anyone who has Mixcraft, that means creating an output track for each USB return channel.
Contributor - Level 2

Adrian Jenkinson;122571 wrote:

Adrian, thanks for heads up on Mixcraft. I like it. I did some playing, and not sure I understand your issue. If you have 18 sends going to DAW, then you have no channels open (except FX) to get Returns back from the PC. Each channel on x-air can get input either from hardware OR usb, not both. Your default out device and ASIO ports define what goes out of the DAW master LR mix. If you want a custom mix going back to X18 in addition to the LR master, then Add an Output track in Mixcraft and set the output channels on that track (like a send bux). You then set the outputs of each track to the output bux you just created. The output of the bus should then be sending your new mix to the those USB returns. Make sure the channels you are sending are setup on your Xair to listen to USB (not hardware). A bit of messing around. Buses and send/returns channels can get a bit confusing on both ends, but it seems to work good once you setup.