Contributor - Level 1

VCA and AUX out

Hello Folks,

Pretty new to the Midas board. Something strange, in my opinion, is happening and wanted to ask to see if someone can point me in the right direction.

I'm using AUX1 to send sound to my front of the house monitors. I've noticed that if I move that channel from, lets say, VCA1 to VCA2, I lose AUX1 and nothing comes out the monitors.

I don't remember or read anything about VCA config around that or what will prevent that from happening.

Any help or recommendation is appreciated.

Be bless

Thanks.
Tags (4)
JoelMcMillan Contributor - Level 1 2016-05-19

2016-05-19

VCA and AUX out

Hello Folks,

Pretty new to the Midas board. Something strange, in my opinion, is happening and wanted to ask to see if someone can point me in the right direction.

I'm using AUX1 to send sound to my front of the house monitors. I've noticed that if I move that channel from, lets say, VCA1 to VCA2, I lose AUX1 and nothing comes out the monitors.

I don't remember or read anything about VCA config around that or what will prevent that from happening.

Any help or recommendation is appreciated.

Be bless

Thanks.

• 0 Kudos
  • 3 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Re: VCA and AUX out

What Midas board are you using? When you assigned AUX1 to VCA2, did you unassign it from VCA1? If not, you'll need to turn up VCA1 and VCA2 to output.
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

Thanks Tony,

I'm using the Midas Pro2c.

Are you saying I have to go patching to do this? If you can let me know, that would be great.

Thanks.
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

No, you don't have to go to patching. The nice thing about the Pro Series is how they act like old-school analogue consoles. Just because you re-assign an input to a different VCA, does not mean it's aux-sends change. Remember, VCA's control the fader. Whatever is post fader will in-turn be controlled by the VCA. Good luck.

(Heads-up, a new term in the Midas Pro Series for "aux-send" is "mix-contirbution".)