Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Various Feature Requests

Here's a few requests, some I've seen elsewhere in the forums, a few might be unique because of my experiences.

iPad App
-Fine control mode: faders and/or knobs respond about half as much as your finger motion. The android Mixing Station app has this, as well as some other consoles' apps.
-Touch anywhere in the fader strip for control: another take from the Mixing Station app...avoids having to reach for the fader exactly, and just touch anywhere in the channel strip area to move up and down.
-Skinny channels: displays 16 channels on the same screen. Maybe removing the pan control might be necessary. Almost everything I operate is using more than 8 channels, and having to avoid flipping pages to get a mix roughed in would be great for on-the-fly mixing. (See the sends tab under detail, but maybe with meters.)
-Better knob control: I hate trying to set delay times using the knobs on the app. In up/down mode its almost impossible to get very small increments when trying to delay subs/side fills/delays/etc. Even in rotation mode, its not great. Take a look at how Soundcraft implemented their knobs on the new ViSi remote app. They respond great.
-Flip left/right between pages of faders: similar to other consoles' apps, flipping between each bank of 8 by just swiping your finger across. I think this would speed things up a bit when moving across a mix, rather than having to accurately touch the buttons at the top (or bottom) of the screen.
-Custom layers: Making a custom "user" fader page would be invaluable! Several pages would be even better.
-Pan control should show the value while panning.
-RTA visible on iPad. Maybe the mini-meters would need to pause when the RTA is active, to save the WiFi bandwidth.
-Maybe the new version could use a new redesigned more modern-looking higher-contrast interface, but that's just my opinion, not a huge deal.

X32 Console:
-Channel spill out for the full-sized X32: press two buttons simultaneously to get the first 8 faders from the layer below to appear on the right DCA section. Then pressing those same two buttons again, would toggle to the second 8 faders on the layer below.
-Linking two channels improved: use the first channel to link to the next one. Example: Pressing link on channel 1 links to channel 2, however pressing link on channel two, links to channel 3.
-Graphic EQ library preset only saves one side or another. This could be used to copy a setting from one side and match on the other, or transplant a wedge EQ from mix 2 over to mix 3's GEQ, for example. Maybe when storing a preset from a GEQ there would be a pop-up dialog that asks if you want to use chan 1 or 2 to store in the preset.
-GEQ on faders, but with more faders: it doesn't have to be across the entire console, but using the 16 channels would be MUCH better. No argument if this is implemented across all 24 faders though.

Let me know if anyone would like to 'second' a feature. Would love to see some of this implemented.

Tags (1)
KevinSchmidt Contributor - Level 2 2014-02-09

2014-02-09

Various Feature Requests

Here's a few requests, some I've seen elsewhere in the forums, a few might be unique because of my experiences.

iPad App
-Fine control mode: faders and/or knobs respond about half as much as your finger motion. The android Mixing Station app has this, as well as some other consoles' apps.
-Touch anywhere in the fader strip for control: another take from the Mixing Station app...avoids having to reach for the fader exactly, and just touch anywhere in the channel strip area to move up and down.
-Skinny channels: displays 16 channels on the same screen. Maybe removing the pan control might be necessary. Almost everything I operate is using more than 8 channels, and having to avoid flipping pages to get a mix roughed in would be great for on-the-fly mixing. (See the sends tab under detail, but maybe with meters.)
-Better knob control: I hate trying to set delay times using the knobs on the app. In up/down mode its almost impossible to get very small increments when trying to delay subs/side fills/delays/etc. Even in rotation mode, its not great. Take a look at how Soundcraft implemented their knobs on the new ViSi remote app. They respond great.
-Flip left/right between pages of faders: similar to other consoles' apps, flipping between each bank of 8 by just swiping your finger across. I think this would speed things up a bit when moving across a mix, rather than having to accurately touch the buttons at the top (or bottom) of the screen.
-Custom layers: Making a custom "user" fader page would be invaluable! Several pages would be even better.
-Pan control should show the value while panning.
-RTA visible on iPad. Maybe the mini-meters would need to pause when the RTA is active, to save the WiFi bandwidth.
-Maybe the new version could use a new redesigned more modern-looking higher-contrast interface, but that's just my opinion, not a huge deal.

X32 Console:
-Channel spill out for the full-sized X32: press two buttons simultaneously to get the first 8 faders from the layer below to appear on the right DCA section. Then pressing those same two buttons again, would toggle to the second 8 faders on the layer below.
-Linking two channels improved: use the first channel to link to the next one. Example: Pressing link on channel 1 links to channel 2, however pressing link on channel two, links to channel 3.
-Graphic EQ library preset only saves one side or another. This could be used to copy a setting from one side and match on the other, or transplant a wedge EQ from mix 2 over to mix 3's GEQ, for example. Maybe when storing a preset from a GEQ there would be a pop-up dialog that asks if you want to use chan 1 or 2 to store in the preset.
-GEQ on faders, but with more faders: it doesn't have to be across the entire console, but using the 16 channels would be MUCH better. No argument if this is implemented across all 24 faders though.

Let me know if anyone would like to 'second' a feature. Would love to see some of this implemented.

• 0 Kudos
  • 7 Replies
Contributor - Level 2

Re: Various Feature Requests

The whole world seems to want the Copy/Paste/Save A and B sides separately. From the outside looking in this seems like an easy feature but I am not a programmer. I would also like to add High and Low pass filters to the eqs. This is a pretty standard feature on rack mounted EQs. I know you can add it form the buss sends Parametric EQs, But it adds several steps when trying to recalling a preset
Volunteer Moderator

Ross, can you explain to me if there is a difference between high pass and the included low cut and low shelf already available on both the channel strips, mixbusses, matrixes and LR? There is also the high shelf and high cut as well.

Paul
Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator. Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!
Contributor - Level 2

Hi Paul No particular difference other then it would be way faster and more logical to just recall everything from the GEQ. We use a lot of preset staring points for various rooms, monitors, Lav inserts, etc. The only way to recall the Hi and Low pass filters now is to store a Library memory. Waste of time and memory slots.
Volunteer Moderator

Ah yes for the GEQ, like the outboard gear. Now I understand. Good idea.

Paul
Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator. Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!
Contributor - Level 2

3 point for me
-assign mono bus in rack 1-4
-phase reverse on analog out
-fader calibration

thanks
Contributor - Level 2

I'd like to see the ipad app jump back to the 8 channel home screen when you select one of the blocks across the top. It's incredibly rare that I want to view the details of the same position in the newly selected group of 8, which is the current behavior.
At the very least it should be a selectable option.
Contributor - Level 2

Kevin Schmidt;16649 wrote:

iPad App

X32 Console:

I agree with the channel spill.There are times when I am mixing only 20 channels and it would be nice not to have to switch layers for a few channels. Not the end of the world, but it would certainly make a nice feature.

I would like to be able to vertically link channels more so than channels 2 and 3. That way I can access a stereo pair without needing to take up two horizontal faders.

I agree with the GEQ suggestions.