Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

What is the Snapshot iPad window for!

I have now learnt to save a Show and a Snapshots within the Show.
But the Snapshot window does not appear to have any purpose. It seems unresponsive.
I would be grateful for some information about it and what it's purpose is.
Mystified
David.
Behringer XR16 & XR12, iPad Air2, 2008 Mac Book Pro, 2016 iMac21"
DavidPrescott Contributor - Level 2 2017-02-24

2017-02-24

What is the Snapshot iPad window for!

I have now learnt to save a Show and a Snapshots within the Show.
But the Snapshot window does not appear to have any purpose. It seems unresponsive.
I would be grateful for some information about it and what it's purpose is.
Mystified
David.

• 0 Kudos
  • 2 Replies
Contributor - Level 2

Re: What is the Snapshot iPad window for!

There is a difference between show/ scene and snapshot.

A show and its scenes are stored on the controlling device (e.g. iPad or tablet). Snapshots are stored in the mixing device itself.

You could imagine, a show is a folder on your iPad that can hold several files for the show. You can now save a settings file that contains all parameters of your mix and store it in the show folder. You could do this for example for songs where the guitar is strummed and for songs where the guitar is fingerpicked to adjust for the difference in volume.

During the show you can now pull up the scene as fitting to the song to be played next. The parameters will be sent from your controlling device to the mixer. This will take some time according to the network connection you have.

A snapshot however is a settings file that is stored in the mixer itself. You can select a snapshot in the app and tell the mixer to load this snapshot. This will take more or less instant effect as the parameters will not be sent sequentially over the network, it takes just the command to be transmitted via the network. This way snapshots are much faster.

To save or load a snapshot you have to select a snapshot slot. The iPad lists 64 possible slots in the list on the left. When saving a snapshot you will have to provide a name first. When loading, deleting or overwriting a slot, you just specify the slot.

It seems, you can specify filters by channel/bus/send and EDIT SCOPE on which parameters will be stored or recalled, but here I don't have any experience myself.

The snapshot feature is described here http://behringerwiki.music-group.com/index.php?title=6._X_AIR_for_Android#6.11_Snapshots

Cheers,
Ulf
Behringer XR18, X Air iPad Air2, X-Air-Edit PC Windows 7, X Air Android
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Re: What is the Snapshot iPad window for!

Thank you Ulf,
It certainly is not intuitive and quite lumpy in the iPad. However I will eventually get the idea of how long to hold down the appropriate buttons. It certainly loads quickly when I get the sequence right, but most of the time I get confused.
Thank you, I now have the basic idea.
Smiley Happy
Late edit: yes I have got my head around it. Thank you for android reference and for the the 'kick start" all good
Smiley Happy
Behringer XR16 & XR12, iPad Air2, 2008 Mac Book Pro, 2016 iMac21"